GNex to Razr Maxx ...good idea?

j1787

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Looking for responses from people who have used both and prefer the razr over the Gnex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
There is about 3 of these threads already. Search is your friend. I would post you the links but I'm on my phone so it would take to much time.. but I did leave the GNex for the maxx and have no complaints or desire to go back.

Tapatalk via Razr Maxx or GNex

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Also one who had a razr first, tried a g nex, and like the razr better. Depends on wants n needs. Most folks happy with the g nex must not have too many issues. I like the razr better just based on phone and data reception.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Own a Galaxy Nexus and a RAZR MAXX, much prefer the MAXX and the GN is barred in a drawer somewhere and it is not missed at all. Way to many issues with the GN for my liking.

rfeagan

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
There is about 3 of these threads already. Search is your friend. I would post you the links but I'm on my phone so it would take to much time.. but I did leave the GNex for the maxx and have no complaints or desire to go back.

Tapatalk via Razr Maxx or GNex

+1 zero complaints. Awesome phone. Incredible battery, peace of mind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I loved my Nexus. I paid a lot for it a week before it came out officially. The software is amazing and I didn't have any signal issues.
The battery however was only decent. I could get a maximum of 3 hours of screen on time with the extended battery.

That's the main reason I switched to the Razr Maxx. Had the Maxx for 2 weeks and it's great. Installed ADW and it's almost like ICS!

j1787

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Yep made the switch myself and I am very happy with the reception and call quality. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I look at it like this. Why have a 4G phone if your battery can't handle it? 2 hours and 5 minutes of talk time and 1 hour of screen being on, 11 hours off of the charger and I'm at exactly 70% battery left.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Unless you don't mind rooting your device, then go with the Razr. If not a rooter, then the GN is your better bet.

I say this because none of us know what's in store from Google in the next few months. They might provide some date between now and the next major release that's simply incredibe and you may be left out in the rain.

From what Ive noticed, and please correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but most Android phones usually only get one major update.

Limited history has shown even the Nexus is only good for maybe two big updates.

But again, the decision is yours.

tmack22

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
YESSSSSSS if you want a fone that doesnt make you cringe when you have a conversation on it the get rid if the Gnex, call quality is terrible.

i changed to the Razr Maxx and im delighted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38