I flipped, I folded: Choosing between the Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Motorola Razr Plus

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I spent time using both the Motorola Razr Plus and Galaxy Z Flip 5, trying to decide which one I prefer. I think I finally have an answer.

I flipped, I folded: Choosing between the Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Motorola Razr Plus : Read more
I agree with some of the Flip 5 criticism. The cover notifications definitely need sorting out, app continuity between screens would be very nice, it's also really dumb that Dex isn't included (even though I don't care about it myself. I also think the cover screen quick panel needs to be customisable.

But I just don't trust Motorola, so the Razr plus... or 40 Ultra or whatever it is called in the UK was never even on my radar.. )

pgoat06

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for an honest review. Most reviews of the Flip 5 and Razr+ are pro-Samsung and sound like a "paid-for-by-Samsung" infomercial. You give credit to both sides. The outer display is the big upgrade for both but I feel the Razr was designed with the cover screen as an integral part of the phone, not an afterthought like Samsung's. Like you, I have used both and prefer the Razr+.

Reactions: Nodnerb

Daniel Gomes

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree 100%. You nailed it. I'd also choose the Moto, I think it's easily the better phone. No idea why Samsung made the Flip look like a tank when it's meant to be small and space saving. I think they've lost their way.....

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Totally agree. And the specs that matter go to the razr anyway IMO. Performance difference in real world scenarios will be in consequential. But having a cover screen that can open any app out of the box is awesome. As well as the high refresh rate cover screen. Those things matter far more to me in daily use than using this years chip. All reviews seem to favor the flip but I see it far differently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54