Biggest Issue For You?

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
So Member subnaiyo doesn't actually own one? Would help if he actually had one to give an opinion for. Thanks for that. He's trusting the Verge then? Fail:) Guess he wouldn't bother seeing a movie because Ebert says it sucked. K.

As for other issues mentioned by all of you on this thread, you've really made me feel great about my decision to order one. I worked for Moto for 23 yrs working on these phones and radios. I certainly believe in the quality of their products minus a few hiccups. I can't wait to trade out of this Samsung life boat I've been using to get me to this device. I hate that it's back ordered and I'm waiting now, but that tells me that others are seeing that it's going to be a winner and the demand reflects that fact.

If you read the forums of any other devices, and I know you do, you see so many issues with so many others. Can't wait to get this device. Thanks for all your comments.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So Member subnaiyo doesn't actually own one? Would help if he actually had one to give an opinion for. Thanks for that. He's trusting the Verge then? Fail:) Guess he wouldn't bother seeing a movie because Ebert says it sucked. K.

As for other issues mentioned by all of you on this thread, you've really made me feel great about my decision to order one. I worked for Moto for 23 yrs working on these phones and radios. I certainly believe in the quality of their products minus a few hiccups. I can't wait to trade out of this Samsung life boat I've been using to get me to this device. I hate that it's back ordered and I'm waiting now, but that tells me that others are seeing that it's going to be a winner and the demand reflects that fact.

If you read the forums of any other devices, and I know you do, you see so many issues with so many others. Can't wait to get this device. Thanks for all your comments.

You're right about the issues with other devices. I had my heart set on the Rezound for the LONGEST time, but after hanging on that board for a while, all the issues (as minor as they were), as well as the HTC-hallmark sub-par battery life, helped me decide that I was not up for buying a phone and dealing with all those problems. My Maxx has been perfect since purchase!

Reactions: 4xxblessed

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Not a biggie at all, but after I had this a while, I realised that this phone, unlike my HTC Dinc, did not have an FM antennae in it...good for those whacky emergencies and disasters when the internet & cell-phones go down.

Do NOT like the Camera app because you cannot adjust the resolution amongst other settings that is does not have. Playing with 4 other photo apps to see which I will use instead.

newstorm2guy

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
The camera stinks for me. No search in the calendar.....but what I love the most is the battery (obviously) and I no longer have to type when I text. By simply hitting the microphone button, this thing has been dictating for me with amazing accuracy.

Cuda52774

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
No toggles on the pull down menu for wifi, airplane mode, GPS, etc. like my Samsung Fascinate had. I miss that and hate having to go exit an app and go to the home screen to toggle wifi etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jmeitz

May 25, 2010
Visit site
My biggest issue is the antenna. My thunderbolt would hold a solid 4g signal, maxx won't. At my office I always toggled between 4g/3G with the maxx is doing 1x a bunch and some 3G. At my house tbolt always had a 3G signal. Maxx, 1x. Not sure what the deal is.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My biggest issue is the antenna. My thunderbolt would hold a solid 4g signal, maxx won't. At my office I always toggled between 4g/3G with the maxx is doing 1x a bunch and some 3G. At my house tbolt always had a 3G signal. Maxx, 1x. Not sure what the deal is.

The update that rolled out last month should have fixed that issue. If not, I'd call Verizon and get a replacement.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I have so far is email pushing and notifiers. My email notifiers have a mind of there own using the stock email push system. I had to go to K-9 mail in order to get reliable pushes and notifications.

jezreel

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I love this maxx phone but I need to know where can I find the voice notes or voice recorder on the maxx to have voice reminders when doing groceries ? I have tried to look for it but for the life of me I can't find it. On the thunderbolt it was with the calculator and stuff so please help ! I know you can send text mms messages by recording your voice and then sending it but if I just want to record something with my voice like the Thunderbolt I don't seem to find the feature in this wonderful phone.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
You're right about the issues with other devices. I had my heart set on the Rezound for the LONGEST time, but after hanging on that board for a while, all the issues (as minor as they were), as well as the HTC-hallmark sub-par battery life, helped me decide that I was not up for buying a phone and dealing with all those problems. My Maxx has been perfect since purchase!

Update. I've had my Razr Maxx about a week now and it's been great. Especially the battery and the speed of everything. Not a big fan of the pentile screen. I prefer my samsung charge screen but it's a fair trade off for a battery like this. I'm very pleased with my choice so far.

mike770

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The biggest issue with me the sd vs sd-ext. I use google music and amazon MP3 cloud services to store my music. I live in NYC and my commute to work requires the use of the subway. The subway is underground and obviously it is nearly impossible to get a signal. I need to download some of my music for offline use. This is fine but since you cannot directly set where to download the music it defaults to the "sd" partition not the sd-ext which is the actual sd card.

Why would they add a sd partition? if you guys (or gals) have a solution for me I would greatly appreciate it. I know I could just use the file manager to move the files over but it just seems ridiculous that I have to do that.

Thanks.

Last edited:

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
The biggest issue with me the the sd vs sd-ext. I use google music and amazon MP3 cloud services to store my music. I live in NYC and my commute to work requires the use of the subway. The subway is underground and obviously it is nearly impossible to get a signal. I need to download some of my music for offline use. This is fine but since you cannot directly set where to download the music it defaults to the "sd" partition not the sd-ext which is the actual sd card.

Why would they add a sd partition? if you guys (or gals) have a solution for me I would greatly appreciate it. I know I could just use the file manager to move the files over but it just seems ridiculous that I have to do that.

Thanks.

I would like to know this one also because I recently moved some of my videos around, removed some to my home storage and caused a situation where each time I tried to access my pics or movies, the phone would restart. I thought great, I just ruined my new phone. Luckily I corrected it by removing Quick Pic which I prefer to use but I'll live, moving all the pics, movies and music I wanted to keep onto my computer, deleted everything on my ext-sd. deleted any duplicates on the int-sd. Basically did everything I could think of short of reformatting, then recopying them all back to the ext-sd and luckily some part or all of that worked. I now only use the My Gallery and knock on wood, its holding. I second the point that the int-sd vs ext-sd thing is annoying and hope they attempt to smooth that out in updates. I'm not in any hurry to get ICS, that will bring a whole new set of issues, but maybe some of that will be address because this phone rocks in every other way.

Last edited:

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Currently there are two minor things bugging me.

First, it seems the Wi-Fi antenna is weak...or the signal doesn't read correctly. I have a N network at home and when I move from my office to the living room (about 30 feet away with a few walls on a different level of a split level house) it barely registers a signal. I was expecting better...or maybe my router is weak. Either way, small annoyance.

Second, I haven't found a way to launch the camcorder directly. I have to go into the camera and switch over to camcorder or front facing from there. Is there any way to go directly to anything other than the standard camera?

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Currently there are two minor things bugging me.

First, it seems the Wi-Fi antenna is weak...or the signal doesn't read correctly. I have a N network at home and when I move from my office to the living room (about 30 feet away with a few walls on a different level of a split level house) it barely registers a signal. I was expecting better...or maybe my router is weak. Either way, small annoyance.

Second, I haven't found a way to launch the camcorder directly. I have to go into the camera and switch over to camcorder or front facing from there. Is there any way to go directly to anything other than the standard camera?

I agree somewhat on the wifi, though mine is not that bad. And as far as a direct camcorder link goes, it seems since its the same app as the camera, there isn't a direct link.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The biggest issue with me the sd vs sd-ext. I use google music and amazon MP3 cloud services to store my music. I live in NYC and my commute to work requires the use of the subway. The subway is underground and obviously it is nearly impossible to get a signal. I need to download some of my music for offline use. This is fine but since you cannot directly set where to download the music it defaults to the "sd" partition not the sd-ext which is the actual sd card.

Thanks.

The sd-card partition is standard now with phones that launch with gingerbread. Google wants OEMs to phase out external storage like they did on nexus phones because so many issues on phones can be tracked back to problems with the sd card. OEMs are reluctant to do that though since consumers want the extra storage option and they can use it as an excuse to put less storage on the device itself and save manufacturing costs.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree somewhat on the wifi, though mine is not that bad. And as far as a direct camcorder link goes, it seems since its the same app as the camera, there isn't a direct link.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

My Droid X had an individual "app" so I could go to camera or camcorder, and I could switch from one to the other from within the app. I thought they were the same app.

BTW, congrats on your recent contest win.

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Bloatware.. It's been around.. but no one really discusses it. Is it a big deal? Any way to clean the screens and apps up to delete most of them? Does it really bother anyone?

How's the music player on the maxx? easy to organize files? access them? and will i need to convert the music files to anything specific? or can i use my itunes music and click n drag.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, people discuss bloatware all right. It's universally hated, but it almost seems to be a necessary evil these days with Android phones. One of the great advantages of the Razr Maxx is that it has a full 3 GB of onboard memory for applications alone, so at least the bloatware that's there doesn't eat up a big proportion of available memory. The 3 GB is a huge increase over previous phones which would have 1 GB or less, and would therefore start giving low memory errors sooner rather than later if you installed too many apps. It's an Android limitation that regardless of how much total storage space is advertised, only a certain amount is allocated for app installation. You can always move apps to the SD card to free up app memory, but this can slow down those apps a little.

I haven't tried the stock music player, but stock Android players in general aren't great. In previous phones, I've noticed that for some odd reason, stock players tend to order tracks of an album in alphabetical order, not track # order, which is absolutely idiotic. But of course, that's why there's the Google Play store, which has dozens of 3rd party players. I've used Mortplayer, which is excellent, simple, compact, and free.

But now with Google Play Music, I have no need to keep my actual music on my phone, because I uploaded my entire music library, and can stream it from any of my Android tablets (as well as my desktop and laptops). This was my entire iTunes music library, so you should be able to do the same, although I'm not sure what happens with any DRM protected music (most of my music files are either ripped from CDs or purchased MP3's from Amazon). With Google Play Music, you don't necessarily have to rely on a data connection to stream your music, because you can temporarily download music of your choosing for offline playing. But with the Maxx's superbattery, streaming the music won't make the phone run out of juice very quickly (it helps to have an unlimited data plan, though).

Am I convincing you yet to go Droid?;)

Reactions: Phadunkin

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and by the way, the specs say that the Maxx can play AAC files, so you shouldn't have to convert any iTunes files before moving them to your phone.

Reactions: Phadunkin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty