RAZR Maxx OEM vehicle mount - Anyone using one?

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if anyone is using a vehicle mount for their Maxx?
I found one at Amazon, but it seems expensive.
I am spoiled as I had a similar dock with my Samsung Galaxy S II. It fit like a glove and had usb & audio plugged in all the time. I just had to put the phone in and go. Looking for similar functionality here.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I bought my best friend one of those but for the original Droid RAZR and it works great. It fits like a glove so you can't use any case. I would purchase one myself but my car has a built in Navigation system and its an entertainment haven. Lol!

Acura FTW! ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

ghbishop

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes - it works well.

Will ask you if you want to save the parking location when you take it out. (with free app)

Will read you your text messages with a voice command. - just say listen when it prompts you.

Does not require you to plug in any extra cables - the usb does it all (Interfaces with car speakers - with the special cable)

You DO need to press the speaker button to get incoming calls to play though the car speakers. Otherwise it plays though the Maxx's speakers.

Fits well with no skin on the Maxx.

The arm is shorter than the one for the DroidX - I think to reduce the suction force required to keep it attached.

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Going to be getting one soon myself, hope the build is better than the one for droidx, never could get it to charge correctly......

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Nice to know as I am thinking of getting the Maxx for my business line. Plus I still have the car mount for my rent a razr.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
OK, thanks all. I think I will go for the one I saw on Amazon that comes with a dual charging socket and a slick "one cable" audio/USB combo. The Verizon store had one that came with a micro HDMI and things like that, but I am not sure I need that and the price was a gut-wrenching $99. The Amazon mount is $59 and includes more practical accessories.

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I've had the OEM car dock, but didn't get the one with the dual cable. Coming over from the X, I absolutely love this dock. I constantly had issues with the X dock sticking and I hated the quality of the build. I love the RAZR MAXX dock. Took a few times to get used to pushing the charger piece in. After that, good to go :). Would highly recommend it for folks that travel quite a bit or listen to Spotify, iHeart or other music/streaming services.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jetfixer01

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
The ball socket on the back of the vehicle dock is the same size as the ball on all Garmin mounts. This helped tremendously when trying to adapt to different old mounts. I can move the dock between my car and bike by reusing the old Garmin mounts...

drose#WN

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Just got the Verizon version of the vehicle mount which doesn't come with the dual cable - but I find I want the dual cable. Can't find any source online to buy it separately - anybody have any ideas on that?

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Just got the Verizon version of the vehicle mount which doesn't come with the dual cable - but I find I want the dual cable. Can't find any source online to buy it separately - anybody have any ideas on that?

I can't remember where I read this but you should be able to contact Motorola's store and they can sell you this cable. Sorry I wish I could remember where I read that at.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site

It looks like ShopAndroid has what you're looking for - click here

You can get the accessory you're looking for and support Android Central at the same time... :)

drose#WN

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Just spent over an hour on the phone with the Motorola Store people, two different agents - no luck. And thanks for the suggestion to get the cable on Android Central - that would be my first choice. But the one I'm looking for is this one:

31uKzYoJJ7L._AA300_.jpg

And honestly I don't think there's any way to get it other than buying the whole vehicle mount from Motorola! So I'll try to put the Verizon box back together and return...

rousch6

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I bought one from the Verizon store as kit on clearance. $50.00 for TV, Vehicle, HDMI cable for "RAZR". Verizon said it would fit...WRONG so he tried to put a rubber case on it and shoved it in....WRONG again....I got my money back and am waiting for the one from Amazon. THey have one for $33.00 if you have a car charger already. THese are MAXX specific from what I am told. We will see. I will post once I get it and try it.

Nikos Dog

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
To listen to incoming calls, which speaker button do you mean? Even with my phone sound on, it doesn't go through car speaker. Also, I can't seem to go from navigation route map back to dock home screen. It only let's me go to my maxx hone screen which isn't as helpful. Thanks for any help on these issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

tramalot

May 5, 2012
Visit site
It works but it does have its moments

Motorola RAZR MAXX - XT912 - .215 radio - SimplexROM 1.2 - Wigdetsoid - Tether - Linux Installer - Otter Box - Safestrap - Chrome - 1325mhz - 80gb Storage w/64 removable - 6 columns & 7 rows - 85-89?f

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
To listen to incoming calls, which speaker button do you mean? Even with my phone sound on, it doesn't go through car speaker. Also, I can't seem to go from navigation route map back to dock home screen. It only let's me go to my maxx hone screen which isn't as helpful. Thanks for any help on these issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Try hitting the Home button to get back to the Dock Home. My sound works the same way.

I stand corrected. To get back to the Car Dock screen swipe down on the notification bar and select the car dock notification. I hope that helps.

Nikos Dog

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
By speaker button, do you mean the phone off vibrate/silent? Even with it on, it doesn't go through the car speaker for me. I would love it if I can get it to play through the car's system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa