Was getting 40 hours of battery life...now getting 6 at best - I think something will not shut off?

Smudgie

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I would get close to 40 hours of battery life with moderate use. I upgraded to ICS a month ago or so then did the factory reset, and this has been the amount of time I could get on a single charge. Then last week I noticed a dramatic decrease in battery life. Since then I have been able to get only about 6 hours if I just leave the phone in standby and hardly use it at all. I have not recently installed any apps, did a reset and closed all open apps. I have also been in a full coverage area. I have noticed that the up and down arrows next to "4G LTE remain lit. THe phone also gets hot to the touch just from it sitting on my desk. I believe that something is either running or syncing continuously and draining the battery. I brought the phone to the VZ store and they could not find the issue. They are overnighting me another Maxx, however I really do not want to go through the hassle of switching everything over. Any suggestions on what this could be or how to fix it? Thank you in advance!

Smudgie

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks....I figured it out. I checked my data useage and noticed that my email client, K-9 email, \was pulling about 20x the amount of data over the last few days that it usually pulls. I uninstalled and reinstalled and all appears to be good now.

Smudgie

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I called the sales/service rep I dealt with and told him I figured it out. He didnt ask me what I did but only said that it was too late and VZ had already overnighted my new Maxx. Now, do I keep the new one or send it back. The rep told me that as long as I mailed one of the phones back it did not matter which one. The thing is I was getting really good battery life on my current Maxx and I am taking a gamble that I would get the same battery life on the new one if I kept that one. Also, the new one now forces me to reload everything back on to it.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Was getting 40 hours of battery life...

I called the sales/service rep I dealt with and told him I figured it out. He didnt ask me what I did but only said that it was too late and VZ had already overnighted my new Maxx. Now, do I keep the new one or send it back. The rep told me that as long as I mailed one of the phones back it did not matter which one. The thing is I was getting really good battery life on my current Maxx and I am taking a gamble that I would get the same battery life on the new one if I kept that one. Also, the new one now forces me to reload everything back on to it.

Yeah unless the new one is in better shape physically I would just keep the one you have. You never know what kinds of problems those refurbs might have.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Maxx #4 and it's doing the same thing as the last 3. It starts overheating and sucking up the battery. To me, it seems like it happens when it can't hold onto the 4G signal. I'll keep an eye on it. I'm going to check my data like Bradenfontaine suggested.

I don't know what they do to refurbish their phones but it doesn't seem to matter. Stick with the one you've got if it's working.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
i honestly think they fix screens and just wipe and reflash the OS. unless of course you hear something rattling round on the inside, id hope they would at least crack it open. some have gotten superb referbs, a few have not. i have had nothing but great experiences with referbs, other have not. it is a gamble im sad to say.

this is a sad example of bad referb

http://forums.androidcentral.com/dr...eplacing-my-bionic-razr-maxx.html#post2108993

but not everyone has these issues. i for one got a better refurb than my fresh out of the box phone that i had to send in. like i said, its a gamble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty