Battery Charge All Over the Place

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Good Evening All,

I have recently acquired a "rebuilt" RAZR Maxx from Asurion as they were not able to replace my Bionic that had been acting up and rebooting on it's own. Since I have got it my battery charge is all over. When I got it is was semi charged so I plugged it in, not more than 2 minutes later the stupid thing showed it was 100%. I knew that wasn't right so I unplugged it and all of the sudden it was showing 5%. I then turned it off to let it charge and the screen was telling me it was at 60-70%. I know batteries can get a bit funky but this seems to be a bit ridiculous. I am going to let it sit on the charger turned off for a few hours and clear my battery stats right away to see if that helps. Just wondering if anyone has any more ideas if this doesn't work before I call Asurion and ask for a new "rebuilt" phone.

Thanks!

Edit: I did get Safestrap and DHacker29's version of AOKP JB installed yesterday, but even ICS was throwing me some weird numbers before I did that.

Nikos Dog

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
This happened to my maxx. I'm pretty sure the battery was fine. It was the indicator that was the problem. When it was red, it went for another 2 hours of heavy use. Verizon sent me a replacement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would charge it overnight while powered off as you are doing, then use your phone normally, letting the battery run down until the phone shuts off to protect it. Then charge up again while powered off. This might help recalibrate the battery indicator.

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
So I had it charging for about 4 hours and I had to turn it on to make sure there wasn't a call I missed (it's my only phone) and it only showed a 9% charge. I think this phone is completely hosed. Plan to call asurion and have them send me a replacement.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Before you call, just try what I suggested. Let it charge the WHOLE night while powered off, then turn it on and let it run down until it shuts off, then charge it up again while powered off. If that doesn't work, then make the call.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
what b-diddy says is right. it will re calibrate after a few cycles of usage like this. try not to pay too much attention to what the percentage says. also when flashing anew rom the battery stats can and do get wonky. give it time buddy and i think you'll be fine ;)

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I would let you guys know what ultimately happened with the phone. I never could get it recalibrated. Eventually it got to the point where if it wasn't plugged in it would die and even while it was on the charger it would show 100% and not turn on. Fortunately I called Asurion who after not fullfilling a claim I made and had to call back a third time, sent me a brand new in retail box razr maxx.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh well, it was worth a try. Clearly, the battery itself was f-ed up. I'm glad they sent you a new one--let's hope this one is problem free! Thanks for the update.

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. Been running for a couple days now and it is awesome. Bought a ZaggHD screen protector and my commuter case just came in today. Thanks for everyone's help!