Ditched ZAGG for Spigen screen protector

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Just switched my slightly melted ZAGG for the spigen steinheil ultra fine. Biggest advantage is in appearance...does not show fingerprints and is non glare.

Easy on dry install went very well. I had no problems. The Zagg always looked oily and smudged. I recommend the spigen..phone looks way better now.

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/motorola.html

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I realized I cannot turn my phone off for the recommended amount of time required to install a wet protector...but so far the dry install Spigen shows no signs of letting go.

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
With the spigen you can't even tell you have one on. My zagg ended up getting all melted looking for some reason.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine did the same thing...perhaps a class action brewing.

I feel man breasts coming on from all the hot BPA that leached out of my ZAGG into my fingertip :p

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
$13.99 seems a bit pricey imo. I recently purchased a Tactical Armor screen protector off of ebay $5.99Motorola Razr /MAXX screen protector, HD clear, Military Grade by Tactical-Armor | eBay . It's completely transparent and smooth but it did require a little soapy water for the install. Maybe dry vs wet makes for an apples to oranges comparison?

For 13.99 I got two in the package....better than 30 or so for a zagg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

NinerJet9

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Agreed! $30 for Zagg is ridiculous! Imo the early Zagg stuff was terrible because it was sticky and had an orange peel look to it.

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Fine...because of nice non fingerprint screen and cause I think the non glare is good outdoors.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Some people reported it having a slight rainbow effect, do you notice it at different angles or anything? Does it make your screen grainy?
Just trying to find out more info before I get one. The fingerprint issue is my main annoyance I'm getting tired of always having to wipe my screen off

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I suppose it makes the screen "blueish" from oblique angles but I tend to look at the screen head on and anyway I am not bothered by it. Like you what really bothers me is an oily smudgy screen which this really fixes.

The texture is slightly warm and papery but IMO better than the "sticky" texture of the ZAGG.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the finger print thing really annoys me also. I'll probably pick one up with my next pay check.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

mortalmallard

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Have been using steinheil for years on various phones. I prefer the ultra clear. They last for ever and don't peel off. I find them difficult to replace when needed because they stay put so well. Heve them on both phones, Xoom, and on several of the screens on our expensive DSLR cameras. You can't tell they are even on any of the screens unless you look for the edges. I highly recommend these and you can pick them up on Ebay cheaper than the 13.99 most of the time. And they are oil resistant and prints wipe off witout effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa