Why wait for an already-obsolete OS? I want 4.2 NOW, not 4.1 !

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone feels they are entitled to anything. The only thing we were guaranteed was an update to ics after the phone came out, nothing more. Anything past that is just a bonus.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

bamabun

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, wanting manufacturers and especially the iron fist that is verizon to support their products for the 20 month life of a contract is ludicrous!!!! if the sentiments here are the general consensus, i see now why they feel it is ok to do what they do.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Side load the Jelly Bean update. I did last night and its running great so far.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Side load the Jelly Bean update. I did last night and its running great so far.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

He's not referrinf to not having Jellybean.. he's referring to not having JB 4.2.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

MRHIGHSPEED

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I get wanting to have the newest of everything, but sometimes that's just not how it works best.

As a rodder, would you prefer a 69 Roadrunner have a vintage Hemi in it, or one of the newer variable displacement Hemis from the Charger? You'd want what was going to work best with your car.

Fact is, nobody with the know-how has completed the monumental task of making 4.2.1 work right with the Razr Maxx. There's still a few bugs in 4.1.1, and 4.0.4 yet. If you have the skills, have at it! I'd love to see it. I am entirely too uneducated to do it myself. I only know enough to root, sideload, and get myself in trouble.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I get wanting to have the newest of everything, but sometimes that's just not how it works best.

As a rodder, would you prefer a 69 Roadrunner have a vintage Hemi in it, or one of the newer variable displacement Hemis from the Charger? You'd want what was going to work best with your car.

Fact is, nobody with the know-how has completed the monumental task of making 4.2.1 work right with the Razr Maxx. There's still a few bugs in 4.1.1, and 4.0.4 yet. If you have the skills, have at it! I'd love to see it. I am entirely too uneducated to do it myself. I only know enough to root, sideload, and get myself in trouble.

Honestly the only thing your missing is the drive to learn. Compiling from source is something most anyone can learn start off with a cm version that's been built learn how to compile what is essentially a nightly. The only real tricky thing is setup of your build environment and figuring out what your local manifest is. After you build the first time its like a bug eventually you start grabbing other sources, cherry picking, soon you are modifying pngs for your own work, then you starts learning how to change things in the kernel, then eventually you realize just how far you have come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty