From Gnex to Razr

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
After six months and three Galaxy Nexus handsets, I am finally switching to a Razr.
I held out for a Razr Maxx, talked to three supervisors and unlike some on these forums they were unwilling to budge and get me a maxx. I did talk them into supplying me with a 32 mb storage.
Anyway, the only thing I was going to miss from the Nexus was ICS. Now looks like that will be no problem.

Anything quirky or obvious that I should be aware of with this phone?

DCBCANES

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I to came from the gnex my wife and I went through 4 of them and after hours of haggling with big red over the maxx i had to settle for the RAZR. But that being said I love the RAZR and ics will only make it better. My only tip would be to keep a charger handy. Good luck with your RAZR.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. Except they didn't even send an SD card with mine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear you never could talk them into letting you have the Maxx. I'm feeling pretty lucky now with the stuff I finally agreed on.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Anything quirky or obvious...

I liked the feel of the G Nex in my hand better. I think the Maxx probably feels better in hand than the RAZR too.

Wont get into the screens....you will either like it or not. Coming from a G Nex...you can probably compare them from memory.

I stopped using Smart Actions. I honestly feel my connection is more reliable without it. Many ppl use it tho for better battery life...so YMMV.... Personally I want something like Tasker, something thats a lil better with features.

Of course non removable battery.. I got an Anker 5600 mAh...and that thing is small. Fat...but small...lol. It comes with 2 different length cords so charging in my pocket or in my phone locker at work isnt an issue.

Thats all I can think of right now.

bmidd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
all you had to do was stress how important battery life was to you and they would have given you a Maxx. I did, and they did.

mthorn79

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Anything quirky or obvious...

I liked the feel of the G Nex in my hand better. I think the Maxx probably feels better in hand than the RAZR too.

Wont get into the screens....you will either like it or not. Coming from a G Nex...you can probably compare them from memory.

I stopped using Smart Actions. I honestly feel my connection is more reliable without it. Many ppl use it tho for better battery life...so YMMV.... Personally I want something like Tasker, something thats a lil better with features.

Of course non removable battery.. I got an Anker 5600 mAh...and that thing is small. Fat...but small...lol. It comes with 2 different length cords so charging in my pocket or in my phone locker at work isnt an issue.

Thats all I can think of right now.

I've held the Gnex tester at the VZ store and it felt cheap in hand...plus the battery door wasnt snapping into place properly. I really can't tell a difference in screen either. Everyone that sees my Razr are wowed. Now I have ICS and I believe this phone has surpassed the Gnex overall now.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I've held the Gnex tester at the VZ store and it felt cheap in hand...plus the battery door wasnt snapping into place properly. I really can't tell a difference in screen either. Everyone that sees my Razr are wowed. Now I have ICS and I believe this phone has surpassed the Gnex overall now.

I'm not talking so much about the quality of each phone....but how they feel when held. I think its too much space between the palm of my hand and the RAZR. The G Nex touched my palm more. It felt like I had more control of the G Nex when holding it with one hand.

I also think this is gonna be the last time I get a really thin phone...lol.

I agree about the screens...I just dont wanna get into that whole debate...lol.

Yea I had that issue with the battery door too when I had the G Nex.

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone.
I also did not like the way the Razr felt in the hand compared to the Gnex when I made the decision to buy the Gnex. I agree the maxx has a better feel. I did see a Razr screen and felt it was totally acceptable for a phone. The Razr glass is gorilla and the Gnex is not.
Looks to me like I will not notice much change in battery life from my Nexus. Batt life looks like it is the same. Hope I get the ICS update right away so I don't have to unlearn and relearn another user interface.:p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non