10-21-2018 09:34 PM
33 12
tools
    Can this be done frequently? does it cause boot problems when done frequently?
    03-17-2015 06:53 AM
    i have tried wipe cache partition and it has worked for me in speeding up the device
    06-17-2015 03:18 AM
    No. You won't face any problems when performing a cache wipe. See here: Wipe Cache Partition: How to Clear Android Cache Partition
    04-06-2016 04:45 PM
    OMG this thread fixed my battery run down condition on my Galaxy s5!
    Please let me elaborate, after the last update 6.01 battery time was on the terms of hours not days, I had tried everything I knew of, new battery, power saving mode, ultra power saving mode, so very frustrating. BUT! I must admit clearing out the cache seems to have done the job. Now battery condition is awesome instead of lasting for 8 hours it now says 84% will last 30+ hours Amazing!
    Thank you all so much
    11-12-2016 03:44 PM
    Is wipe cache partition is just like make all system default again???
    01-01-2017 10:32 AM
    Is wipe cache partition is just like make all system default again???
    Welcome to the forums. No, the cache partition wipe won't delete any personal data or configuration in your phone. It will delete only temporary files, as explained in this thread.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-01-2017 10:37 AM
    Hi I was advised to do a wipe partition cache as I'm having undefined issues with Google play. However my recovery menu is in Chinese and the nearest I can find is wipe eMMc. Nothing translates to partition cache. Is this the option I need? Many thanks
    01-27-2017 06:43 AM
    Actually, what you describe more closely resembles the "dalvik cache", which is:

source

or here's another similar definition:

Source

The only real effect of deleting the dalvik-cache (which can also be done in recovery) is that the phone will take longer to boot up, it doesn't remove any user data or settings.

Now, to answer the OP, this is different from the "cache" partion, which is:

Source

So, the /cache is basically just a temp directory used by the system for downloading temporary files it needs when installing apps and such. wiping the cache partition generally will have no noticeable effect to the end user. It also doesn't really free up any space either, because it's mounted as a separate partition, and thus always uses the same amount of the total disk storage space.

Generally, if you're rooted and installing ROMs or other mods in recovery, it's always recommended to wipe both the /cache and the dalvik cache at minimum before installing anything. This is good advice and I certainly don't disagree with it, but chances are that it's actually the clearing of the dalvik that is most important.

If you're phone is running sluggish, clearing these 2 is also a quick and easy step you can take to see if rebuilding the app optimization files can improve performance.
    Nobody has mentioned or I think is even rooted who asked this question bro why confuse them even more ?
    10-21-2018 09:34 PM
33 12