Car Dock Questions

jtd771

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Ordered a DX and the Car Dock. Question I have is I know the dock comes with the audio cable to go into Aux connector on my stereo so I can use it to stream music. If I get a call will it switch over to hands free using the car stereo speakers and the mic built into the phone?

Second question, I've also ordered the black rubber skin for the phone from Verizon. Will the phone with the skin fit in the car dock?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Yes for both. When u get a call your call will go o the car speakers. You will remove a small piece that tells u to remove when u have a case. Its funny cause under that piece it says for use with droid shadow being the name the phone had before X. Its a nice mount. I picked it up on launch with the phone. It sticks really good to the windshield and only shakes for me when stopped at a light.

Sent from my Rooted DROIDX using Tapatalk

jtd771

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes for both. When u get a call your call will go o the car speakers. You will remove a small piece that tells u to remove when u have a case. Its funny cause under that piece it says for use with droid shadow being the name the phone had before X. Its a nice mount. I picked it up on launch with the phone. It sticks really good to the windshield and only shakes for me when stopped at a light.

Sent from my Rooted DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help. I'm changing over from a BB and that would always go back to the headset speaker when connected to the car stereo which was a pain.

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
`My question is I have heard some car charges can't keep up if you have the GPS on is this true? I want to use it for turn to turn directions so what charge are you using for the phone. I was looking at the moto micro charger on android central. Is the split charger from verizon better?

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
There are some chargers that can keep up. You have to be sure it has the right amount of charging power. There are a couple posts floating around the forums .. try searching it up. I can't remember all the details or I would put them here.

detroitwilly

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
so please tell me, I just bought this from ebay:
DROID X GPS CAR DOCK NAVIGATION VEHICLE MOUNT OEM NEW
IN VERIZON RETAIL BOX.

It was only $21 so I'm comfortable wth that, but now I have to go and buy a charger, right?
It says that it comes with an audio cable, but I'm thinking not a charger.

I'll be getting it Friday or Saturday, so I'm wanting to have the charger by then if thats what I need to buy.

SDr6

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Nope, no charger, just an audio cable and mount... not a bad price I got mine straight from verizon for that shipped

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884