how many people DONT use a case?

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
How many people dont use a case?

i currently am not using a case. i have the bodyguardz full body kit (but recently took off the screen part cuz it got some dog hair under it)
i like the way the screen feels naked despite the finger prints but whatever.

never dropped my epic yet. used to drop my iphone on a regular basis so im thinking about getting the seidio case +holster combo.

or maybe just the holster idk yet im confused as to what i should do

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I didn't use a case for the first month and a half of getting the phone. Then I was sitting in my office one day showing something on my phone to my coworker and I dropped it. Bought a case that day (not the one I wanted)

Purchased the seidio surface, didn't like it, got the active. Love it.

I needed a case though. At work I have a high chance of dropping or slamming my phone around. It's the only time I've dropped my phone and 1 of maybe 3 times within the last few years of owning 2 bb's and now this phone.

I think subconsciously knowing there is a case on my phone I won't worry about dropping it as much so I won't drop it as much. I think I've dropped every phone I've owned once and nothing serious and nothing more, lol.

c0c0nutsp0rt

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the Seidio case and Realook screen protector. I rather have a naked Epic. Just in case the rumored Nexus S/2 comes to Sprint or a 4" HTC phone comparable to the Epic comes out soon then I have a pretty mint Epic to sell thanks to the case and screen protector. Well that is how I think of it. If I know I am going to keep this phone for the whole 2-year contract then I would not get a case. I have insurance.

Balzak

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I never had a case before with my pre or centro but decided to buy the Best Buy rebrand of Seidio's case and holder. I dropped my phone 3 times (carpet) today getting it out of the holster in a hurry at work... go figure.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I never used cases then decided to get one for my just-received refurbished BlackBerry. It didn't fit properly and taking it off damaged the otherwise pristine phone.

Never again. If a phone gets scuffed over the 12-24 month ownership span, so be it. I'll be wanting a new device when I'm eligible anyway. It's not as if these skins and cases protect against the mishaps that truly render a phone useless...like car tires, toilets, and thieves.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I didn't use a case for the first month and a half of getting the phone. Then I was sitting in my office one day showing something on my phone to my coworker and I dropped it. Bought a case that day (not the one I wanted)

Purchased the seidio surface, didn't like it, got the active. Love it.

I needed a case though. At work I have a high chance of dropping or slamming my phone around. It's the only time I've dropped my phone and 1 of maybe 3 times within the last few years of owning 2 bb's and now this phone.

I think subconsciously knowing there is a case on my phone I won't worry about dropping it as much so I won't drop it as much. I think I've dropped every phone I've owned once and nothing serious and nothing more, lol.

yea ive dropped it but only on softer surfaces. never asphalt or concrete.
i was thinking about getting taht seidio innocase. does it put any bulk on it?
thats my concern. i bought a case from radioshack when i first got my phone, and there was only one case available and my dad suggested i buy it so i figured screw it i get 20% off it was only 15 bucks or so.

I never used cases then decided to get one for my just-received refurbished BlackBerry. It didn't fit properly and taking it off damaged the otherwise pristine phone.

Never again. If a phone gets scuffed over the 12-24 month ownership span, so be it. I'll be wanting a new device when I'm eligible anyway. It's not as if these skins and cases protect against the mishaps that truly render a phone useless...like car tires, toilets, and thieves.

so true. i think im gonna keep it naked but i want the seidio holster cuz i hate putting my phone in and out of my pocket

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm still up in the air about getting a holster. I used the one that came with my Blackberry a lot, but I also spent more money on that phone over the year of ownership than I should have and don't want to repeat that with the Epic.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I know what you mean, i kind of want to get that seidio case but at the same time im probably not going to like it. i figure just keep it naked ive got insurance on it.
but i truly do think the holster will be a good investment. for me at least because i spend way too much time pulling my phone out of my pocket haha

dmlee

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Phones are big enough in my pockets without cases!

haha. +1

And I just use a screen protector. I have insurance on this phone, and when I had a case on my Pre I dropped it more often for some reason.
I'm also not sure how much cases actually help.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
haha. +1

And I just use a screen protector. I have insurance on this phone, and when I had a case on my Pre I dropped it more often for some reason.
I'm also not sure how much cases actually help.

exactly, in response to phone big enough without case.
thats why i wanted to check out the seidio cases because i heard they add the least bulk out of any case. but then a case with no bulk probably provides no protection - or only to scratches. which in that case, my bodyguardz full body will be enough protection.

and i also have insurance so i feel confident i can go caseless : )

whats also nice is the back cover completely covers the back of the phone, so any major scuffs/cracks to the back can be replaced easily.
unlike the droid x, which battery cover is only a portion of the back

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
i don't... I do use a holster though.

What holster? I'm searching for one. I'm thinking of getting the seidio clip on eBay cuz I think its a good deal (20 vs 30 retail)

I use my phone a lot so taking it in and out of my pocket is more of hassle and risk of scratching it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

nKoan

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I tried a case, but took it off after a day or two. I put on a screen protector, but that's all I'm planning on doing right now.

lrn2swim

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
no case but i did cover the whole thing with ghost armor. awesome. highly recommended if you have one of their locations near you.

esuuuu09

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I had my epic in a seidio innocase with realook protector. Now i just have the protector. I had the seidio for about 2 weeks, and i love my phone soo much more without it. It wasn't worth the money. It was bulkier than i expected and didn't feel any different than the one dollar ones on ebay. gonna order one of those to use when i'm outdoors or on the move.

amnchode

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
No case here....as far as I am aware, none of the cases work witht he dock, so I haven't even looked. This is only because I have not found a slip case like the one my Pre had. If I could find one of those, I would be all over it...

No screen protector either. Just make a conscience effort to ensure I don't put items in the same pocket can have a higher chance of scratching it (ie, keys). I had a Zagg my first Pre and really didn't care for it all that much. The screen always felt kinda "tacky". So, when I replaced it, I just "neglected" to put another one on.