[REVIEW] Noreve Leather Case and Leather Wallet Case for the Galaxy Note 9

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I’m Noreve gonna you up. Noreve gonna let you down. Noreve gonna run around and desert you. Ok, sorry. I had to get that out of the way. On another note, saying something three times really helps to emphasize key things that you want to imprint on the brain, like the name Noreve. Noreve is a fancy, luxury accessory oriented brand that is based out of Paris, France – which pretty much tells you everything you need to know when it comes to pricing. Their products are very classy and well made, but they come at a price. I can’t say that everyone will be raising their hand to volunteer as tribute to buy one, but if you do, you certainly won’t be disappointed with their products. I have had the chance to review two of their cases, and they definitely seem to live up to their up-scale price tag. However, I won’t delay any further. Let me introduce you to the Noreve Leather Case, and Noreve Leather Wallet Case for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

IMG_1127.jpg

The Look: These two cases look elegant, luxurious, and downright gorgeous. The leather is soft, very real, and has that amazing smell that new leather carries with it. For the uninitiated, take a trip to a Coach or Fossil store sometime and you’ll know what I’m talking about. These two cases have different types of leather on then. The Leather Case has their premium, textured leather, while the Leather Waller Case has full-grain leather, which adds its own bit of style. The name of the tune when it comes to these two cases – and their entire lineup – expensive and elegant leather! So, if you aren’t interested in leather… this probably isn’t the case for you – pun intended. Both of the cases are a folio-style cover case, which allows you to open the front folio cover to access the phone screen. The Wallet case has a hasp system built in which allows you the ability to pop the cover open with ease, and the regular Leather Case has a notch-style system that secures the folio cover when you press it shut. Both of these cases vary widely in price and color because Noreve offers many different types of leather, as well as color, to help you spruce up your case choice. For a full list of colors, prices and leather types, check out the link at the end of the review so you can get a better look at what you’re going to have to pay to get the leather case of your dreams.

IMG_1112.jpg
IMG_1114.jpg

The Feel: The feeling is similar, yet different. Each different type of leather has its own unique styling and texture. The textured leather used in the normal Leather Case illustrated here feels high quality, and professional. However, the Leather Wallet Case has full-grain leather, which looks and feels fantastic as well. One of the great things about Noreve’s cases is that you can customize them until the cows come home… You can choose many different types of leather and color options, which is a nicety. Usually in the case world, what you see is what you get. Well, not so much with Noreve. Noreve goes the extra mile to get you priced and fitted into the case that meets your budget, your aesthetic preferences, and the type of leather you want. Each one of the cases that I reviewed has a solid feel to it and the grip is just fine. It isn’t amazingly grippy, mostly because it is leather, after all. Leather has a nice texture to it and isn’t overly slick, but it is apt to slide off of hard/non-textured surfaces. The buttons have easy access and adequate cutouts, which is nice. Everything is easy to get to and isn’t impeded by the case.

IMG_1115.jpg
IMG_1119.jpg

Security: Security is just fine, especially since the cases both offer well-made leather folio covers. The cases aren’t MIL-STD drop protection rated, but I don’t really feel like they need to be, This isn’t a sports case, or something that you’re going to be toting around in your gym bag. This is classy and refined leather at it’s best, and something that’s going to pair nicely with an evening gown, a suit, or even a tuxedo. Sure, it’s something that you can carry just fine on a day-to-day basis, but temper you expectations on protection if you decide you want to take it to the skate park or rock climbing. However, the case is definitely made well from premium materials and won’t let you down in most cases.

IMG_1123.jpg
IMG_1129.jpg

Conclusion: The biggest consideration for this case is the price. All things crated equal, you could easily get a faux leather case or a more cheaply made leather case, but at the end of the day, are you going to be happy with it? There is something to be said for fine leather. It is unique, it carries a certain air of status about it, and it really catches attention out in public. It’s a very classy and reserved case that exudes class, sophistication, and money. You won’t find this type of quality in the bargain bin – which is where I usually shop. So, if you’re interested in spending $70-140 on a case, this is definitely the case for you. If you just spewed out your soda when you saw the price tag I just mentioned, then this likely isn’t the case for you. Regardless, I think it’s worth it… it’s just pricey.

IMG_1132.jpg
IMG_1137.jpg

If you’re interested in picking up the Noreve Leather Case, or Noreve Leather Wallet Case, you can find them both on Noreve’s website:

Leather Case - https://www.noreve.com/en/galaxy-note9/3806-samsung-galaxy-note9-leather-case.html

Leather Wallet Case - https://www.noreve.com/en/galaxy-note9/3805-samsung-galaxy-note9-leather-case.html

As I mentioned above, the prices vary based on the type of leather that you choose, but the prices range from $60 to $160.

Last edited: