stuck clockworkmod v3.1.0.1

phatpat38127

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
ok i've searched for 2days and can't find anything that works. i've tried different usb cables and usb ports. i've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. tried with windows xp and windows 7. phone if not connected to the computer goes a screen with a computer linked to a cell phone. but if it is connected to the computer it will boot into cwm. i can get it to go into download mode but computer will not recognize device. tried to install drivers manually but then it says can not start device. thanks for any help.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
ok i've searched for 2days and can't find anything that works. i've tried different usb cables and usb ports. i've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. tried with windows xp and windows 7. phone if not connected to the computer goes a screen with a computer linked to a cell phone. but if it is connected to the computer it will boot into cwm. i can get it to go into download mode but computer will not recognize device. tried to install drivers manually but then it says can not start device. thanks for any help.

Have you tried removing the battery and leaving it out of the device then connect to your computer via USB and boot into download mode and see if Odin recognizes it?

Also turn off any virus scanning apps on your computer. If possible use a desktop, if you must use a laptop then make sure your laptop is plugged in so its getting maximum juice to the ports. Also try doing this after a fresh reboot on your computer.

phatpat38127

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried removing the battery and leaving it out of the device then connect to your computer via USB and boot into download mode and see if Odin recognizes it?

Also turn off any virus scanning apps on your computer. If possible use a desktop, if you must use a laptop then make sure your laptop is plugged in so its getting maximum juice to the ports. Also try doing this after a fresh reboot on your computer.

yes i've tried that to and didn't work. i've tried just about everything in the forums. sorry took so long to reply and thanks for suggestion. i thought i would get an email or something to let me know when someone replied guess not. took phone to sprint they ordered me a new one. they couldn't get it to hard reset either. but they didn't say nothing about cwm being on it weird?

well figured out how to do they email notification on here :) lol

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
one of my epics did this to me as well this was before i rooted it was about a week old had to exchange it when the phone first came out there was a limited number with bad rom chips about 1500 or so i got mine on launch day.

Just wondering though you could not get in to download mode at all?