keyboard input issues

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
running EG22 on CWM purple and for some reason, SWype and Samsung keyboard keep turning on. All I want is Swiftkey X- - its all I use and beleive me, once you get used to a style, you don't want to switch to another. Why do the other keyboard input methods keep getting enabled?

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
running EG22 on CWM purple and for some reason, SWype and Samsung keyboard keep turning on. All I want is Swiftkey X- - its all I use and beleive me, once you get used to a style, you don't want to switch to another. Why do the other keyboard input methods keep getting enabled?

Maybe if you go to the Settings in the Keyboard area you'll be able to set it as your default Swype?

doesn't work.... i think it periodically resets itself. I use Smart Keyboard & I periodically see Samsung & Swype pop back up when I press Input Method.

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the generic deodexed ROM on EH06 & so far, it popped up once since installation (about a week). But it happened more often on the odexed ROM.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Robbie, we don't want Swype. We want to default to Smartkey X, and yes, I have gone into settings- my phone is rooted and I'm not a noob.

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
ted, I'm thinking if they have an online help area where they can give you more info on how to set it up and make it a default and let it stay there. Otherwise, it sounds weird that you cannot use the board of your choice.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
well I can but the phone continues to enable other input methods after I disable them. I think is being triggered by opening certain apps. Hopefully it will go away with final version of GB.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
No, you need their companion Toolbox app.

I could be wrong but if you scroll down to the bottom of mybackup pro there is the mytoolbox function which is fully functioning on my phone at least. I have used it to successfully freeze and unfreeze applications.

* Don't kill me Rag!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty