Restored SMS issue related to restore after clean install of CM7

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Last version of CM7 I had installed was 11/24 and updated to 12/24 mtd. 3x wiped and flashed the zip as I always have done in the past. Installed mybackup root and restored SMS, MMS, and call logs as I alwasy have done in the past. This time around however in the conversation list of the messaging app all conversations is the time of restore as the last message time even though the actual last message of all of them are older. Every time before the conversations were sorted newest to oldest based on last received message and also showed that info in the conversation list. Any idea how I can properly get it restored so that they show properly sorted and stamped in the conversation list?

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Restored SMS issue related to restore after clean install of

I just realized that titanium backup also could be used to restore them. I got so used to using mybackup that I forgot about that. It worked correctly after wiping again this time using titanium backup. However for some reason it no longer works correctly with mybackup as I tried several times with the same unexpected results.

jmuru

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Your Mybackup root data backup is prolly corrupt. I use both Mybackup and Titanium to backup important data for this reason. I've had Titanium fail on me a couple times and it's always nice to have the Mybackup root backup to fall back on.

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site

Exactly the same reason I use both as well in the event something goes wrong kind of thing. And I also use CWM backup for the quick full recovery in the event something major goes wrong and only option is boot to recovery. Though I've never had anything serious like that happen. The only time I restored from a CWM backup was when I needed to flash stock ROM to get the voicemail app for use with CM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty