Set cpu issue

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Question, for any one with root. What are your set cpu profiles. Try setting screen off to like 400 max and 200 min. Then let the screen turn off. Let it sit for a minute. Then try to turn it back on. If it doesn't work pull battery and disable the profle. Let me know.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Question, for any one with root. What are your set cpu profiles. Try setting screen off to like 400 max and 200 min. Then let the screen turn off. Let it sit for a minute. Then try to turn it back on. If it doesn't work pull battery and disable the profle. Let me know.

I'm not rooted anymore, but I do recall that people were not having problems with underclocking, but they were having some issues with overclocking. I'll be rooting Sunday when I can get my hands on a PC for a while.

Sed8ing

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm not rooted anymore, but I do recall that people were not having problems with underclocking, but they were having some issues with overclocking. I'll be rooting Sunday when I can get my hands on a PC for a while.

Here is a good tutorial on some SetCPU settings which I used almost exactly....

[ROOT] Using SetCPU + Perflock Disabler to Save Battery, Underclock - Android Forums

Of course you d not need to do the perflock on most ROMs and there are occasional slow wake ups from screen off underclocked but worth it for the battery life saved. And yes the overclock thing is occasionally a bit annoying...

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

It works!

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My issue is that when I set cpu to 1000, and then under clock for screen off, when the sven goes to sleep, the only way to wake it up is by battery pull reboot...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
My sd card is now not functioning correctly. Half the time, it's recognized as an invalid sd card or sometimes not at all. I'll try and fix this issue when I get home.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Clockwork build 2 is out over at sdx, but the response is a mixed bag. Some have problems, others don't.

Sent from my awesome Samsung Epic 4g

i'm waiting on a native recovery that will flash from the Rom Manager app. I probably wont flash it through the app, but i want that version. Or amon ra... either one will do.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
i'm waiting on a native recovery that will flash from the Rom Manager app. I probably wont flash it through the app, but i want that version. Or amon ra... either one will do.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm waiting for one of the 3 ROMs coming out soon. Boss ROM sounds the most intriguing though.