Pixel 6 Pro wifi and wireless tethering not turning on

musdem

Dec 11, 2023
Visit site
I had turned off my phones wifi when I was out of the house for privacy however when I came back and tried to turn the phone back on.

When turning it on via the quick settings in the pull down menu it would just change the switch to on but it found no wifi networks. The settings app shows that the wifi was actually off and when I try to turn it on from there it would eventually switch off. When Trying to turn on the tethering from the quick settings it would try and turn on for a few seconds then go back to being grey and off. I can provide recordings of all of these behaviours if needed.

I've attached radio logs I pulled from ADB from the times I tried to turn on the wifi and tether however I'm not sure if these are the relevant logs to help debug this issue. I have rebooted the phone as well as put it in and out of airplane mode.

I'm currently running version 13 build number TQ3A.230901.001

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• radio.txt
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

musdem

Dec 11, 2023
Visit site
I've tried rebooting in safe mode and it doesn't do anything, it's the exact same behaviour.

As for the version, I'm actually on the latest version of 13 with an update pending for 14 (waiting for wifi) my bad about that, mistype.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to download the update over mobile data so you can install it, or are you on a limited plan? I'd be interested to see if the update fixes things.

musdem

Dec 11, 2023
Visit site
I've updated to 14, my wifi and hotspot still doesn't work and now the bluetooth isn't working either.

It also failed to start initially after the update and dropped me in the bootloader with the option to try again or factory reset. It booted after I selected try again.

musdem

Dec 11, 2023
Visit site
I did a factory reset and nothing works still. I just ended up buying a new phone as I think that there is a hardware fault, the logs support this.

Thanks for the help but I think this is a lost cause.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's unfortunate. I'd still keep the 6 Pro, since you never know when a carrier or manufacturer might offer some good trade-in deal for phones, even if they're damaged or faulty.