Getting LED to flash while charging?

big_bake

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So I did some searching and haven't come up with anything Epic or galaxy s specific.

I'm wondering if there is a way to get the red LED to flash for notifications while the phone is charging. It seems that the blue LED stays lit once it's fully charged and it does not let the red LED blink for notifications. Coming from a rant it was nice to look at the phone and see the LED flashing, letting me know there was a new text. I am rooted so if there is something that I can flash to take care of this, point me in that direction. I know someone out there has thought of this already.

Little things like this make me wonder if going to a smartphone was a "smart" decision lol

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
There's a free app on the Market called NoLed that displays notifications on your screen. Not a fix, but a decent workaround. I used it when I had CyanogenMod6.2 Beta 1 installed, which has broken LED notifications. Worked pretty well.

big_bake

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of it, but the epic does flash the LED for me when I'm not charging. I'm interested if any dev has tried getting the Red LED to override the charging status while the phone is plugged in. Even if it came on simultaneously and made the magenta color.

I'm only a noob when it comes to code and all that, but there should be some way to include this in ROMs or even make a flashable fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa