10-25-2011 09:14 AM
30 12
    Ordered the USA Gear version of this case from Amazon for only $14.99+$5 shipping. No sharp edges, fits well, but doesn't really protect the top and bottom edge (only the corners). Decent case, and I knew what to expect before I got it. Wish the hinge wasn't smack in the middle so I could use it in portrait too. I also wish both halves of hinge plate opened so I could flip it around and have the volume buttons facing up (NOTE to everyone considering this case: the hinge only opens one way, so the power button is facing up, NOT the volume buttons). Personally, I think that's a flaw in the design because if your phone is propped up like this, most likely you're using it (i.e. the screen is on). And if that's the case, then there's a good chance using the volume rocker will be more useful (e.g. while watching video) than toggling the power button.

That said, I like the case. It gives this super thin phone a slightly more girthy feel without adding much weight and thickness. My wife wishes it came in other colors though.

Oh, and another note: Samsung TouchWiz UI doesn't allow for re-orienting the lock screen, home screens, or app grid... so even though your phone sits in landscape with the kickstand, these screens are still in portrait. OK, so get a new launcher if that bugs you. Most apps, though, will reorient themselves just fine (most, not all).
    10-10-2011 12:56 PM
    Short story

I had my phone on my lap when I stepped out of my car and of course it falls onto concrete. Luck was on my side though. The concrete was smooth and when phone fell screen first the raised edges of the kickstand case prevented the screen from making contact.

As far as I'm concerned, this case does the job and does it well.

Sent from a Crapdroid
    10-10-2011 03:02 PM
    i got this case too, takes a few tries to get the kickstand out, but it comes out easier after you use it a bunch. great case though.
    10-10-2011 03:54 PM
    I just got this case today, and I have to say, I'm not particularly impressed by it. It doesn't feel like it's holding onto the phone very securely. When I pull on the kick stand, it's more likely that the case will start to separate from the phone than the kickstand will actually pop out. The kickstand does work great though.
    10-20-2011 06:24 PM
    Can someone who has this case drop their phone from about shoulder length? I want to test the durability.
    kimdushinski likes this.
    10-25-2011 09:14 AM
30 12