Updating Calkulin's Tweaked ROM

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I am running version 1.2 of Calkulin's E4GT 2 [ ICS l FC24 l Tweaked l Battery Saver Script ] ROM and would like to update it to version 1.3. On the XDA page it says if you are updating you can just flash it as normal, but QBKing77 talks about always going back to a GingerBread ROM before flashing an ICS ROM.

I am wondering if I am just updating from 1.2 to 1.3 do I need to flash back to a GB ROM and then to Calkulin's E4GT 2 v1.3a [ ICS l FC24 l Tweaked l Battery Saver Script ]?

Thanks for any help on this question.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's really up to you, and depends how safe you want to be. If you boot into CWM and flash the new version right over your current version, you'll probably be just fine. However, the exact cause of the ICS related bricks is still unknown, thus the recommendations to Odin back to a GB ROM+kernel+recovery first as an extra precaution. The downside here is that it generally requires a full data reset, and of course it takes more time and effort.

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
However, the exact cause of the ICS related bricks is still unknown, thus the recommendations to Odin back to a GB ROM+kernel+recovery first as an extra precaution.

I don't know how to Odin at all. I only know how to use CWM. So I am not sure what to do to be safe.:-\

matt8107t

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
His update wipes needed fules on its own but only if you are updating from the previous version not from another rom

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cjones

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how to Odin at all. I only know how to use CWM. So I am not sure what to do to be safe.:-\

As Matt said, and I eluded to, you should be able to flash the new version in CWM right over your current version without any issues.

Sent from my HTC EVO View via Tapatalk

Reactions: cjones

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. I updated to version 1.3 last night using recovery and it worked fine. Thanks again for the help.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I have a stupid question - it is advisable to backup apps+data before doing an update (from v. 1.2 to v. 1.4), right?

You should always do a full backup when ever you do anything involving flashing a rom or updating.

Always do a Nandroid backup.... Just encase something doesn't flash right.

Sent to you from my SGS2 Class Star Fighter.

Tonay

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
So what it seems like what you are guys are saying is just to flash the new update right over the old one without wiping anything? Cause I thought you should always wipe.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So what it seems like what you are guys are saying is just to flash the new update right over the old one without wiping anything? Cause I thought you should always wipe.

For just an update, Calkulin's ROM will perform the necessary wipes when you flash it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo