[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vnyborg

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][PORT][July 29, 2012]CyanogenMod 10 Alpha 1

I loved the rom, especially it being in the beginning stages. Only thing was sound wasnt working for me. Is there something im not doing, is there a fix floating around for it?

dandinnj

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][PORT][July 29, 2012]CyanogenMod 10 Alpha 1

I loved the rom, especially it being in the beginning stages. Only thing was sound wasnt working for me. Is there something im not doing, is there a fix floating around for it?

i had the same issue .. ringtones/notifications did not play but I was able to browse the options and select them.. there is a fix over on xda that worked for me to get them working I will have to go find the post .. is it cool if i post link when i find it here ( not sure how we feel about posting to another forum)

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
i had the same issue .. ringtones/notifications did not play but I was able to browse the options and select them.. there is a fix over on xda that worked for me to get them working I will have to go find the post .. is it cool if i post link when i find it here ( not sure how we feel about posting to another forum)

Well the word is out on xda anyway. Feel free to post the fix. :D

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok I finally had time to sit down and look at stuff. I was writing down all known issues and working on fixes. I came to the conclusion that the Gapps I posted were not the right ones for this port. Now I put together my own gapps specifically for this port. It will address alot of the weird FC issues users were having. The Gapps were causing 30-40% of the issues sadly. No big deal. Easy fix. :)

youngville718

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
May be a very dumb question.but when I download the kernel it doesnt show up in mobile Odin is there a specific one I should be downloading cause I downloaded the latest one and when I tried on ROM manager no luck at all please help been waiting for jb for a lil minute now lmao

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
May be a very dumb question.but when I download the kernel it doesnt show up in mobile Odin is there a specific one I should be downloading cause I downloaded the latest one and when I tried on ROM manager no luck at all please help been waiting for jb for a lil minute now lmao

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Mobile odin only sees .tar files. If it is in a .zip format mobile odin will not see it.

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][PORT][JB][07/29/12]CyanogenMod 10 [Alpha 1]

Trying things out with new gapps will post back with details...
before new gapps, 3g, wifi, sms, mms, camera, google voice search (except for the voice output part worked). lots of others were working I will post back with more.

edit: after flashing new gapps, I got fc's like crazy... mostly google search kept popping up. Decided to wipe cache and dalvik and restart again. No dice cant even get the google cards like I had before. Going to try a full wipe ill keep you posted.
edit2: I forgot to mention that I am on the R760 GS2 from US Cellular, and have made edits to apns, and eri.xml and build.prop
edit3: google search broken for me again... damn I had it working just fine before I flashed the newest gapps.. it was working for a minute or two until you try to enable google now by default on this its off. Afterwards fc city just the google search though, but even after I had restarted the phone it kept doing that.

Last edited:

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Trying things out with new gapps will post back with details...
before new gapps, 3g, wifi, sms, mms, camera, google voice search (except for the voice output part worked). lots of others were working I will post back with more.

edit: after flashing new gapps, I got fc's like crazy... mostly google search kept popping up. Decided to wipe cache and dalvik and restart again. No dice cant even get the google cards like I had before. Going to try a full wipe ill keep you posted.
edit2: I forgot to mention that I am on the R760 GS2 from US Cellular, and have made edits to apns, and eri.xml and build.prop
edit3: google search broken for me again... damn I had it working just fine before I flashed the newest gapps.. it was working for a minute or two until you try to enable google now by default on this its off. Afterwards fc city just the google search though, but even after I had restarted the phone it kept doing that.

Did you do it from a clean install? Its not meant to be flashed over another gapps. It will cause FC.

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

When you speak something into the search it works fine. Until you go into settings while in the search and hit google now. You go through a couple of pages clicking ok and then it will say get google now and you click "im in" and it FC. and wont stop after that. Can anyone confirm that this happens to them?
"unfortunately google search has stopped working" happens when you try to click on search again. So far the only way to get it working again is data/cache/dalvik wipe.
Has anyone actually got the voice output to work with google now?

Last edited:
Reactions: Downtown Taco

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

Cannot get "more..." under wireless & networks to open it FC's. So therefore I cannot enable GPS. Also do not click the google now under voice search settings, it will bork your phone until you do a data reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.