Cases, Bumpers?

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I want tempered glass. Those are phone savers. Literally. Anything else is just rubbish for impact protection.

By the way, Cases.com just shipped me my Incipio clear case. So while Amazon and Incipio's website are sold out, cases.com seems to have them.

morriea

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I want tempered glass. Those are phone savers. Literally. Anything else is just rubbish for impact protection.

By the way, Cases.com just shipped me my Incipio clear case. So while Amazon and Incipio's website are sold out, cases.com seems to have them.
It is tempered glass. From the packaging...Premium Tempered Glass 9H+ Hardness.

Maybe I am misunderstanding something. What is a "phone saver"?

morriea

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes.. this is the new all adhesive model
I am unsure we have the same ones. I received my new ones and the adhesive is only on the edges as before. It may be possible that they did not send me the corrected items, but I think we have different ones. Oh, well. If my current one pops off, I will see.

Stinger4321

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am unsure we have the same ones. I received my new ones and the adhesive is only on the edges as before. It may be possible that they did not send me the corrected items, but I think we have different ones. Oh, well. If my current one pops off, I will see.
Yes.. you have the old model.. thats what i started with a few weeks ago.. also yours has rounded corners in the black edge on bottom that dosent match the essentials squared screen.. this new model is much clearer but edges dont stick... They gave me a coupon code for the new model.. just contact them from Amazon..

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
It is tempered glass. From the packaging...Premium Tempered Glass 9H+ Hardness.

Maybe I am misunderstanding something. What is a "phone saver"?
Phone saver just means a tempered glass screen can literally save yuour phone's screen from cracking or shattering.

That screen you guys are talking about it not acceptable. Way to many pics showing it's not even close to being a real world solution. It took a good six months before anyone could make a really good tempered glass screen for the iPhone 6 and that was the hottest phone on the planet at the time so i have my doubt we will ever get anything decent for the Essential. The primary mistake Essential seems to have made is that the front of the phone is not completely flat edge to edge (ala iPhone's 4 - 4). That makes creating screens that fit 100% a b***h.

johnnysd

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Just got this case:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6093201

I really like it. Makes the phone pretty heavy, but the protection seems pretty solid and it feels nice. Can still use phone 1 handed with right hand and unit also acts as a stand. Lose that lovely ceramic feel but I dont worry about a shattered phone any more.The folio combined with the actual case provides a good level of drop protection.

cfclay

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Anybody found a holster yet? The Sprint store had the Incipio case for 20 in my town. That's awfully nice of sprint to sell it at nearly the same price as everyone else for once.

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
Read the reviews. There aren't many and with the word selection, they seem to be written by someone in China some cases, not English speaking persons.

morriea

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Orzero just contacted me.. they have another updated model... says it has a right angle.. maybe the glass is curved now to adhere to the edges.. i ordered... Shows price at 8.99.. but some promotion puts it at 2.99$for the 2 pack... Link below will let you know how it goes
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075VMMZPG/?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6101445
I received the email from them as well as their promised code to replace the faulty ones (although the one on my phone seems to be working quite well #3 of 3 in the pack). Ordered. They were down to 9 available on the listing that I used, but they have multiple listings.

cfclay

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I really didn't need a case except for the darn thing hurts my hands and slides off of any surface if there's any angle....but I received the Tudia today from Amazon. If you're on the fence, just buy it . Excellent , minimal case. Good grip. Somewhere on Amazon there was a comment about the fingerprint cutout not being big enough. Can't figure out how in the world they'd say that. It's plenty big enough and actually serves to direct your finger to the sensor.

Stinger4321

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I really didn't need a case except for the darn thing hurts my hands and slides off of any surface if there's any angle....but I received the Tudia today from Amazon. If you're on the fence, just buy it . Excellent , minimal case. Good grip. Somewhere on Amazon there was a comment about the fingerprint cutout not being big enough. Can't figure out how in the world they'd say that. It's plenty big enough and actually serves to direct your finger to the sensor.
I have same case.. finger print cutout is perfect.. im thinking those without this case see issues with the sensor since its hard to place your finger on it consistently..

trooplewis

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
The Tudia case available from Amazon is one of the best cases I have ever owned.
The cutouts are laser sharp and exactly where they should be, and the case feels secure and solid.

Mike Yoon

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
Just got mine from Amazon. So far great case. Not too bulky and covers the phone nicely. Would recommend. Just need a good screen protector now...

Essential Phone PH-1 Case, TUDIA [Ceramic Feel] Lightweight [GLOST] TPU Bumper Shock Absorption Cover Featuring [Tempered Glass Back Panel] for Essential Phone PH-1 (Black)