Which Screen Protector would you recommend?

qbenguy

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I am a new and proud owner of an Essential phone, and I'm looking for some recommendations for a screen protector. I did try SuperShieldz HD Clear 2 pack https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077771JH4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, and unfortunately I was very disappointed. I've watched some YouTube reviews for different brands, and it looks like some prefer the wet application. I would prefer the dry application but may be open to the wet if it's a better option.

I'm currently using a case https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FQH4VZ1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) so it would be best if it were case friendly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'd recommend the case friendly version of the IQ Shield. It's wet install but is pretty easy to apply to the PH-1. All the non wet protectors I tried had some kind of issue. You just need to follow the instructions and leave the phone unused for 12+ hrs.

qbenguy

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'd recommend the case friendly version of the IQ Shield. It's wet install but is pretty easy to apply to the PH-1. All the non wet protectors I tried had some kind of issue. You just need to follow the instructions and leave the phone unused for 12+ hrs.

Thanks for your recommendation. I appreciate it.

Before reading your advice, I already had placed an order for a Skinomi Case Friendly screen protector (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078B2BB97/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). Would you say that it's as good as the IQ Shield? I haven't opened it, so if you have any experience with this one please feel free to share your thoughts. I'll wait to hear from you before opening the box.

Thanks again!

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your recommendation. I appreciate it.

Before reading your advice, I already had placed an order for a Skinomi Case Friendly screen protector (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078B2BB97/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). Would you say that it's as good as the IQ Shield? I haven't opened it, so if you have any experience with this one please feel free to share your thoughts. I'll wait to hear from you before opening the box.

Thanks again!
Very similar wet install screen protectors. Skinomi isn't bad but I prefer IQ Shield. It looks a bit better and feels smoother. Also comes in 2 pack with squeegee.

qbenguy

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Very similar wet install screen protectors. Skinomi isn't bad but I prefer IQ Shield. It looks a bit better and feels smoother. Also comes in 2 pack with squeegee.

I think I'm gonna hold off on Skinomi and go with IQ Shield. The look and feel are very important, and worth the wait.

I'm currently using SuperShieldz https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077771JH4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, and only ordered it because I had a great experience with another device. Unfortunately not at all this time around.

Thanks for your feedback, and honesty. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

qbenguy

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Can you please share a link for the 2-pack? I only see Case Friendly, 1-Pack on Amazon for both the Clear and Matte films. Thanks!

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm gonna hold off on Skinomi and go with IQ Shield. The look and feel are very important, and worth the wait.

I'm currently using SuperShieldz https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077771JH4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, and only ordered it because I had a great experience with another device. Unfortunately not at all this time around.

Thanks for your feedback, and honesty. I appreciate it.
No problem. What don't you like about the Supershieldz?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Can you please share a link for the 2-pack? I only see Case Friendly, 1-Pack on Amazon for both the Clear and Matte films. Thanks!
I got the 2 pack early 2018. Looks like it's no longer available in a 2 pack. They'll send out a replacement even if you mess up. Just send them a email through Amazon.

Thought I should mention that the case friendly version leaves a sizable gap on the edges. The normal version is edge to edge but lifts up when used with cases that have a lip.

qbenguy

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
No problem. What don't you like about the Supershieldz?

The peel away backing on two different attempts (2-Pack) would not come off. Instead of writing a bad review on Amazon, I sent Supershieldz an email. They did contact me right away, and sent me a replacement. This time the peel away came off, but the quality is very poor. I was very surprised because my previous phone of over 5 years only had one screen protector made by Supershieldz.

qbenguy

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I got the 2 pack early 2018. Looks like it's no longer available in a 2 pack. They'll send out a replacement even if you mess up. Just send them a email through Amazon.

Thought I should mention that the case friendly version leaves a sizable gap on the edges. The normal version is edge to edge but lifts up when used with cases that have a lip.

Thanks for the heads up. Is the sizeable gap with or without the case? The one from Supershieldz also leaves a small gap with the case. I don't mind that as long as it's not too far from the edge.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. Is the sizeable gap with or without the case? The one from Supershieldz also leaves a small gap with the case. I don't mind that as long as it's not too far from the edge.
The gap isn't that bad when using a case with a lip (maybe 2mm).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty