Screen doesn't light up with notifications?

ticktock5

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I've never had an Android before, so maybe this is just a "thing" but when you get a notification (text, e-mail, facebook etc.) I get a sound, but the screen doesn't light up. So I have to then hit power to see the lockscreen and the notification.

Is there a way to fix that, or is it by design?

Thanks!

Durvesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have the same question does screen lights up in android on notification, sorry new to android or if any one can tell how to make it work.

Thanks

hazeswe

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Interesting.. All people that comes new to Android is surprised by the Notifications and how bad it works (that is just one of the things that work bad). I'm in the same league as well. So the tip is: Fire up Google and Play Store (On your pc is my advice because this is going to take a while) then you have to search, search, read comments, check if it might not work on your particular version of Android, try it out, find out it is unstable or lack certain stuff, drains your battery, uninstall, out to check again.

I've got a brand new HTC One, looking great, screen is very nice and so on. But the leap for me seem to be VERY long before I will become friend with this OS. Battery drain is awful out ot the box. Need to go through each service/application that I don't want or need or is even useable in my country to disable them.

I had a Nokia N9 MeeGo device before this one. And seriously, that OS are way better to handle a lot of stuff compared to what my brand new HTC 4.2.2 can handle, multi-tasking, notifications, calendar, email client, built in off-line maps (Google maps let me put part of my city offline, thanks Google, very generous) just to mention a few. That with an OS that were born and dead on the same day. How long has Android existed, 7-8 years? I understand why ordinary people that don't want to sit hours on Google/Play to get a productive phone chose iOS/WP8 instead. You need to be a geek or have a lot of spare time (or both) to adept to Android at a first glance.

Ok, I will probably change my mind 10 months from now but it is not very easy to adept to.

hazeswe

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I've never had an Android before, so maybe this is just a "thing" but when you get a notification (text, e-mail, facebook etc.) I get a sound, but the screen doesn't light up. So I have to then hit power to see the lockscreen and the notification.

Is there a way to fix that, or is it by design?

Thanks!

I think it is pretty much by design. But there are, of course, a bunch of apps out there that offer this basic functionallity. I'm trying one at the moment that is called NILS. But then you also need one to display your notifications correct on the lock screen. NILS have one but I'm not very keen on that but that is of course personal taste. Some of them only display Gmail etc. so if you are an Exchange corporate user you might need to check for another notification app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress