Problems using Jabra Cruiser BT Speakerphone with Fascinate

billsfan2

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Looking for some wisdom from this group <G>, as I have searched high and low and googled for days looking for anyone else with the same problem. My Fascinate has the latest update available (Android 2.1, Update 1/DL09). However, I'm now on my second Jabra Cruiser Speakerphone and still cannot use it hands-free. I can stream audio to it, but none of the buttons on the Cruiser work: pause, fwd, rewind, or the call answer button--they only beep when you press them. So much for hands-free. I have gone into Verizon and Best Buy, then called Jabra, and called Verizon (who contacted Tier 2 support). Verizon couldn't find any issues between 2.1 or the Fascinate and this unit. Jabra has heard of some "issues" (but not my exact issue) and would only suggest updating the phone's firmware. I had already unpaired, pulled battery on phone, all the usual stuff. Finally BestBuy let me exchange the unit for another one, as everyone seemed to think maybe it was faulty, but I'm having the same problem today with the new one. No one can tell me if the phone might be faulty, or if Android 2.1 doesn't have the proper BT functionality yet until 2.2 comes out. The Fascinate is supposed to support A2DP for streaming and AVRCP for remote control. The closest I came to finding an answer was someone mentioned that the iPhone had a similar problem. Any help would be appreciated.

billsfan2

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Jabra has e-mailed me back a few times, but I tried all their suggestions and none work. Next step is to try it with a floor model at the Verizon store. Jabra says their speakerphone should be fully compatible with the Fascinate, although I haven't come across with anyone else who has both.

billsfan2

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Went to Verizon and the Jabra worked with another Fasc. there but not mine. Well, strangely enough the next day, after pairing the Jabra with my husband's iPod Touch (the only other BT available), then later removing Lookout from my phone, I tried pairing w/ the Fasc. again. It seems to be working now, with a few strange glitches. At least it's progress, I did not look forward to a factory reset or starting Angry Birds over again, lol.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the Cruiser in my Yukon.... I have both my Incredible and my wife's Fascinate paired to it. Works fine for both. Glad you got your working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez