Question on Cm7 and Backups

conski

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
well i have a rooted evo which i understand fairly well but my friend got a g2 and took the plunge into root which is a little different and i dont know how to answer his question to well.

anyways when he trys to perform a nandroid it wont let him it just says Can't mount /system/! his Clock work mod version is 2.5.1.3 which TO ME( as an evo owner) isnt the current version of clock work. I dont know if for the g2 that that version is the highest you can go or if that is even the problem. it wont let him go any higher in the RM app and before i found the version for him to flash online i figured id make sure its safe.

also i dk why CM7 wont work on his g2 either. he is running gingervillian which i was under the impression is a CM esqe rom. it bootloops on him. He doesnt have the pc3600 image flashed on his phone which i thought might be the problem.. i dk if cm needs the special hboot or whatever anymore but i dont quite know why it wont let him do it.

anyone have any idea id love to help my friend, i feel like the g2 root is way more weird then the evos

joemm

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Koush just posted an update to CWM 3.0.0.5 in Rom Manager 3.0.0.7, should fix all your issues, just flash the new recovery(3.0.0.5) from Rom Manger(3.0.0.7) Also you can now flash 2.2 roms with CWM3.0.0.5 and make backups of both 2.2 and 2.3 roms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mostafakhalaf