Can psp games harm my device

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I want to play some psp games on my android device using ppsspp emulator can this harm my device since those games are not optimized for android.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, they can just slow the phone to a crawl while you're playing them. Contrary to what may be popular belief, it's pretty difficult to damage hardware by using software - the developer really has to know the hardware well to write software that can do that. (Wordstar, a popular word processor in DOD days, had a little demo when you installed it about trying things to get familiar with the program - you won't break your computer. They they showed what looked like a broken screen and scared the user for a moment before telling him that no, they were kidding, you really can't break hardware by playing with software. Not strictly true - as a system developer, both hardware and software, I've written code that damaged bleeding edge hardware. But normal "it's been working for years" hardware? It it's at all possible to write software to damage it, it's not an easy task for an experienced system developer really has to know what the hardware is(n't) capable of.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer