Able to upgrade Verizon phone and immediately sell?

NBAJ2K

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I know this may be slightly off topic so I apologize , but I was just wondering. If I upgrade to a new phone on Verizon (ex LG G3) online through Verizonwireless.Com, does it come associated with my account, or is it able to immediately be activated on a different account (if I possibly sell it) right when I receive it in the mail am I able to sell it to someone else right away? I didn't know if it comes associated with the account and if I have to activate it first.

I was hoping not to have to open the box at all to keep it sealed, but wasn't sure if that was possible.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

-J

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It's my understanding that the SIM card is what associates a phone with its carrier. It may be important to know if the phone is paid for already or if you're still under some kind of payment plan with your carrier. You keep your SIM card, do not ever let that go with a phone you are not going to keep.

Do not just go by what I say I'm not the best at figuring out all this carrier mumbo jumbo. But it seems to me that since you can buy and sell phones and just swap out SIM cards that what you want to do should work.

Again I would wait for a few more replies from people that are more experienced in this than I am before proceeding.