Issue with APN settings on Nokia 2.3 running Android One.

Dustin H

Dec 18, 2020
Visit site
Android One doesn't have a forum and neither does the Nokia 2.3 so I'm posting this on general help.
I've had this phone for about a year and have had intermittent issues with MMS and data usage. It is an unlocked phone. My carrier is Walmart Family Mobile.
Under my APN settings, there is T-Mobile and T-Mobile MMS. I verified with my carrier that they should be set to tracfone.
I am unable to edit the existing APN settings, and whenever I add a new one with the correct information and click "Save" it takes me back to the previous screen with no new APNs to choose from. I have power cycled a hundred times, reset all my APN and network settings, used third-party APN apps (that bring me to the correct screen but with all options to edit greyed out still), updated my APN through my carriers website at which point I received a text saying "We are sending your phone an update." but after an hour and multiple restarts I still only have the T-Mobile options. I've done everything I can think of to try and fix it. My carrier said there's nothing they can do about it since it won't let me add a new APN. Is there anything I can do? This has been such a hellishly annoying issue.
The thing is, it works occasionally. I'll get a flood of backed up MMS messages from the last few days, and then I can no longer send or receive them. I imagine that has to be because Wal-Mart Family Mobile uses T-Mobile's towers, but I don't know. It's not a T-Mobile SIM card, it's the one I was sent when I signed up for the plan. And like I said, it is definitely an unlocked phone. I don't understand why T-Mobile has any business forcing their APNs onto my phone. Am I SOL or is there something I can do to force my phone to accept my carriers network information?
By default, my network is set to HOME. Occasionally, when I open my network settings, it shows my network as Family Mobile and then immediately switches back to HOME. When trying to select a network manually, HOME is the only option available.
Help please?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!

You won't be able to edit the Tmobile APN, I'm surprised it's not letting you add another , you sure before you set save on new APN a the required lines are filled ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz