Need help copying data off old devices

Autolooper

Dec 13, 2019
Visit site
If memory serves me right, in order for me to connect the HTC Blue Angel to a computer, I'll need its charging cradle. I wonder if there's a cable alternative.

Autolooper

Dec 13, 2019
Visit site
I'll look there. Thanks!

The EKTRA is limping on a bloating battery. A T-Mobile store guy said I could use "Data Cruncher" to move the data, but searching for that doesn't seem to result in software that would help to move data.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What kind of data are you trying to move? Is it mostly photos and other media files or documents?

Autolooper

Dec 13, 2019
Visit site
It has a pretty good camera for its time, but it was basically outdated on release. After using it with a bloating battery, it finally got to the point where it's no longer able to function with that battery...

I heard that batteries are mostly compatible when it comes to Android devices. Is that true?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so you're talking about the Ektra smartphone. Connect it via USB to your PC, then on the phone, swipe down the notification panel and tap the USB notification. Make sure it's set to MTP or File Transfer. On the PC, open Windows File Explorer and open the phone there. You should be able to drag and drop files from the phone to the PC easily. Photos taken by the camera app should be in the /DCIM/Camera directory.

Batteries will of course use the same technology and probably the same kinds of connections, but the challenge would be finding one that fits correctly inside the phone.

Autolooper

Dec 13, 2019
Visit site
The EKTRA was working fine other than the battery issues. The battery fitting inside isn't priority in this case. :)

The USB menu was an issue I was having with an Alcatel tablet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds