Hello,
    I want to add two apps(video editor and audio editor apps) to the Share Menu/Panel on my android, how can l do it?
    Surprisingly they are not automatically there even though they are installed!
    I am on version 9 android(Motorola)!
    James.
    11-28-2022 04:38 PM
    It most likely has to do with how the apps are coded. I would guess that apps would have to make use of the proper APIs in order to be included in the Share Menu. Have you tried contacting the developers of these apps to see if they're aware of the issue?
    Thomas_George likes this.
    11-28-2022 07:01 PM
    Some Androids especially midrange don't have many options on share menu
    11-28-2022 10:21 PM
    It most likely has to do with how the apps are coded. I would guess that apps would have to make use of the proper APIs in order to be included in the Share Menu. Have you tried contacting the developers of these apps to see if they're aware of the issue?
    Yes l have, and l am still waiting for a reply, and also to Google..... Just wondering is there some work around where l can share via a third party app or some app to force the phone into including the apps as share options, again this is not ideal!
    11-29-2022 03:07 AM
    Hmm, not that I'm aware of. You probably just have to open the app first and then search for the file to open.
    11-29-2022 03:09 AM
    Are you sure that you have declared an intent-filter node for an activity of your app in its AndroidManifest.xml file?

android.intent.action.SEND, android.intent.category.DEFAULT and some data mimeType.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-29-2022 03:49 AM
    Are you sure that you have declared an intent-filter node for an activity of your app in its AndroidManifest.xml file?

android.intent.action.SEND, android.intent.category.DEFAULT and some data mimeType.
    It is not my app.... It is two specific apps on my phone, one is a video editor the other an audio editor....
    I don't think l can access their permissions, but l am not an app builder.
    11-29-2022 01:59 PM
    Some Androids especially midrange don't have many options on share menu
    I have being looking at YouTube tutorials and on the internet, no luck so far.....
    Just wondering, does the ShareDr app help the cause in anyway, or is it bogus?
    11-29-2022 02:09 PM
    It is not my app.... It is two specific apps on my phone, one is a video editor the other an audio editor....
    I don't think l can access their permissions, but l am not an app builder.
    Oh, and in that case, please check if these two apps support that feature.
    11-29-2022 07:59 PM
    I have being looking at YouTube tutorials and on the internet, no luck so far.....
    Just wondering, does the ShareDr app help the cause in anyway, or is it bogus?
    I'm not familiar with that app , sorry.
    11-29-2022 08:11 PM