What folder to use?

lumix

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a Nexus S, first time Android user, just had the phone for less than a week, so I have a simple question regarding folders.

My question is at what location should I put my personal files?

? Pictures: put in E:\DCIM\Camera
? Music: can I put in a folder inside DCIM eg E:\DCIM\Music ?
? Video: can I put in a folder inside DCIM eg E:\DCIM\Video ?
? Documents (doc, txt, pdf) : can I put in a folder inside DCIM eg E:\DCIM\Documents ?

---------------------------------------------------------------

E:\.android_secure
E:\Android
E:\DCIM
E:\LOST.DIR

E:\DCIM
E:\DCIM\.thumbnails
E:\DCIM\100ANDRO
E:\DCIM\Camera

14240984ee4f94cf36eb2fc72b37b80985863952.jpg

142409877ab436d44fd2b1c00c37e9c4e2862094.jpg

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
the DCIM stuff is typically camera only, however it wouldn't hurt/change anything if you created folders there either.

I'd simply just make a new folder in the parent directory where you see the main listing of Android, DCIM, etc.. and name them Music, Movies, whatever else you need. You could make a Media folder or something then sub folders for music and movies.

I'd first check the Android folder and see if there are already folders with the respective names and if you want use those. I don't think placement of it will make any difference, so I prefer to have it just one click away so-to-speak instead of diving through multiple folders.

Reactions: lumix

lumix

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, SnyperX.

I'm understanding Android better in terms of where to put personal folders. It sounds there is no restriction on where I place the personal folders.

I will take your suggestion of creating a Media folder at the root level (E:\) and create sub-folders within it for music, video etc. Yes, I'll check the other existing folders first for these media folders.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Put it wherever you want. There is no default folder for docs in android. Some apps might create a default folder but otherwise it doesn't matter unless a particular app you use refuses to give you that option to choose which would be crazy.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419