Folders in alphabetical order INSIDE an apps

marclaj1960

Aug 21, 2023
Visit site
Here it is not a question of knowing how to put the apps in alphabetical order. It is rather a question of knowing how to put the folders in alphabetical order when you are inside an app. Several times when I try to search or open a folder they are all mixed up and it's a real waste of time. Those who create these apps should put a little more effort into being better organized.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Like you mentioned, this is definitely a developer issue. The default Android media picker (that some apps refuse to use as the default but can be 'triggered' in some after a few steps) does list the folders in Alphabetical order. But if the app developer (i.e. Meta for Facebook, Whatsapp, and Instagram) decides to implement their own, the first picker you see may not be in that order and in cases like the latter, not even an option to use the stock Android media picker at all.

marclaj1960

Aug 21, 2023
Visit site
You just gave a very good example with Facebook. I never understood why you can settle and see your folders in alphabetical order when you are on your PC but you can't on your Android. But when did you saw Facebook care about giving a good experience to their users?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d