How Do I Delete Old Devices From My Google Account?

END

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I was looking through my google account and noticed it has listed every android device we have ever had, including a duplicate Transformer entry (We returned one b.c of light bleed)

Is there any way to remove the devices from the list that we no longer own or are active?

Thanks
:)

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I was looking through my google account and noticed it has listed every android device we have ever had, including a duplicate Transformer entry (We returned one b.c of light bleed)

Is there any way to remove the devices from the list that we no longer own or are active?

Thanks

There is an option to "Hide" your old devices. Unfortunately, it doesn't work well.

Best bet, restore to factory, and create a new google account.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks

I don't think so. I just did a google of "remove android device from google account" and just looking at the first couple of links (they were google forums and groups) it looks like you can't. From what I read, it seems like you can hide them, but, they will always be in your history. Sounds like people aren't too happy about it because when they sell their phones, they are nervous about it still being associated with their account. But, I don't think it really matters.

Also, I checked in my account and couldn't find a way to remove a device.

If you are just concerned with seeing it in the list, I guess hide them. Otherwise, I think you are out of luck. Sorry!! :(

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I asked Google and they replied to me that it's impossible for now to remove them, and that I should just hide my old devices.

:D Hasn't been possible for 2 years. I think Google, just wants to keep the info for future reference. Probably have a shared contract with.... Carrier IQ...

AMIT AGRAWAL2

May 29, 2013
Visit site
hello friend,
I think i have solution to ur problem.
what u can try is :
1. GO TO www. google.com/accounts
2. CLICK ON SECURITY (give on left hand side)
3. THERE YOU WILL SEE CONNECTED APPLICATIONS AND SITES, THERE CLICK ON MANAGE ACCESS
4. THEN IT WILL ASK YOU TO ENTER YOUR PASSWORD. ENTER IT.
5.& NOW THE PAGE WILL OPEN WHERE U CAN SEE ALL YOU DEVICES AND YOU CAN REVOKE ACCESS AND MANAGE THEM.

HOPE IT WILL BE USEFUL. :)
TRY IT..

Raivis Tomsons

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
hello friend,
what u can try is :
3. THERE YOU WILL SEE CONNECTED APPLICATIONS AND SITES, THERE CLICK ON MANAGE ACCESS
5.& NOW THE PAGE WILL OPEN WHERE U CAN SEE ALL YOU DEVICES AND YOU CAN REVOKE ACCESS AND MANAGE THEM.

TRY IT..

Really Helped! Thank you ;)

Jokes 0624

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: How Do I Delete Old Devices and APPS From My Google Account?

Go to your google account wwww.google.com and sign in

Before starting... connect your phone to a computer and under computers it will come up as a device. Open it, .go into DCIM (photos) and Videos etc and deleted all data.

1 go into your google profile
2. select Security
3 .select Account permissions then view all.
4. In here you can REVOKE access to any app or device.
5. I then went into my phone and disconnected everything google accounts etc.
6. restart your phone try to access your google account and other things
7. Encrypt your phone with a password (settings-Security-encription)
8. Now Backup and reset. (this will take a few minutes and your phone HAS to be charged to 80% before it will allow u to reset)

I would now go back into phone and make sure none of your passwords are available.

Of course these are extra precautionary steps especially if you have sensitive data and passwords and permission to access anywhere.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

97trakin

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
hello friend,
what u can try is :

TRY IT..
Awesome! Thank you sir. This worked like a charm.

PW_in_Irvine

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Your solution is somewhat helpful. By following your instructions I can see my account devices, which is helpful because I don't recognize some the devices listed. I can also revoke access by some of these devices. But I cannot really "manage" them. That is, I cannot delete them. Obviously, Google wants to maintain control over your device's(s') history(ies), even if the devices are "long gone."

shahrozasif

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
The path you described does not exist. There is nothing called "Manage Access" in the Security Page. If you feel I am going wrong somewhere, please reply. :)

Jed Mitchener

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
The step details have changed since the OP.

Now it's more like this...
1) myaccount.google.com (probably have to re-login)
2) click Sign-in & Security
3) scroll down until Device activity & notifications -> Recently Used Devices, click on REVIEW DEVICES
4) find the device in the list, click it
5) you MAY see an option to: Account Access --> REMOVE

For example, my main phone shows the red REMOVE button, but my mom's MAC computer doesn't. Not sure why.

Hope this helps

mohamedYuri

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
dude these is nothing called ( Manage Access )

and there is some one using I pad i want to remove him from accessing my account what should i do ?

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
a9157572da127aa2275eb9ec70aebd89.png

Keep scrolling if you're viewing on device

jayhawksean

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I just sold my Nexus 5X. I did a factory reset and unassociated the phone with my account (though, it is still listed as a device - fine). The new owner called me shortly thereafter and explained that he cannot get past the attached screen. I then took the phone and entered my google login and password, since I have been the only owner. This didn't work, but by trying to sign in with my account, the phone is back in my list as a generic Nexus 5X (i had a customized name when I was using it).

I just want to disconnect the phone from my account, but I don't have that option. When I go to Android Device Manager, the old custom name for my Nexus 5X appears (as does my OnePlus 3). I cannot connect to erase or anything to the Nexus 5X, though. I just want it removed from my account, but the steps in this thread do not help. On the second photo, I clicked "Yes that was me" because it was me, but it's on this other guy's phone now. Confused? I am. If I click No then I am told to reset my password only. No way to delete the phone from my account.

Attachments

• P_20160727_132911.jpg
    P_20160727_132911.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 1.38.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 1.38.33 PM.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 26

Holly Louise

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
For anyone else with this issue, "MANAGE ACCESS" is no longer apparent on the Security menu under Connected Applications and Sites. If it was relocated, I have not yet found it.

jibon01

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
someone was change my password bt I back my account bt there are two device showing my question is I have already change my password & recovery msil...bt why those device is shoeing active like ur photo

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
This capability appears to have been moved. Go to your My Account page. Go to Sign in and security. Click device activity & notifications on the left, then click review devices under the list of devices. From here, you can click on a device and select to remove account access from the device.

As for what jayhawksean saw, that is a feature called Factory Reset Protection. The way to remove that is to sign in to your account on the device, then sign out of the account once it's set up. You can then do a reset and the new owner should be able to set it up for themselves.

Factory Reset Protection: what you need to know | Android Central