Best places to download apps from???

Jamie71

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey there, I was wondering where to download apps from, which websites are good and have the best to choose from. I know of adroid market, but what other ones are out there to download from that give good ratings and descriptions of the app itself, thanks :)

Jamie

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
There's the Amazon App Store which offers a daily free app (that's otherwise normally a paid app): http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1539374

You might also want to check out AppBrain, but it just connects to the market so you're not going to find unique apps there. I haven't actually used that for awhile since they redesigned the regular Market: http://www.appbrain.com/

Both of these have apps for them available in the Market so you can browse them on the phone.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Also, be careful of where you download apps from. Don't just download from anywhere, especially if it looks too good to be true. That's a great way to screw up your phone. I stick to the Market and Amazon. That's more than enough for me.

Reactions: Ry

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Getjar is a legitimate source for apps as well. THough they tend to be less frequently updated, but that is the dev's (I believe) not the store itself. They have a good number of paid apps for free, and they do still pay the developer.

Jamie71

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks :), what are some good apps to put on my adroid phone, like for instance battery saver and app killer, etc. I appreciate all the help :)

Jamie

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that some good utilities I looked up on AppBrain were higher cost than the same app on the Android Market. Frankly, I understand it's so easy to publish on Android Market, that if someone was offering their app only elsewhere, I'd be very wary....

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks :), what are some good apps to put on my adroid phone, like for instance battery saver and app killer, etc. I appreciate all the help :)

Jamie
stay away from task killers, you don't need them. what you do need is a good file explorer like astro or estrongs file manager, both free in the market.

Jamie71

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, just downloaded astro, great app, i am using easy battery saver, seems pretty good on battery life, just trying to find some good apps since I am new to the market and seeing what is out there :)

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
it would help if we knew which phone you have. what might be a must have app for one phone, might not be needed on another because different manufactures put different features on the phones. you should also check the subforum for your phone because there is probably a long thread already ongoing about this very thing and it would be specific to your phone..

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
yes it is a great phone! i have the bionic and it too is a great phone. i'll give you my list for the first things i install on a new andriod no matter what the make: astro, color note, zedge, circle battery widget. the next two i always put on just for fun, but not because i must have them, divi clock and bathing cat.

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
many people swear by juice defender. i personally don't use one. i make sure that facebook is always set to never update (it will automatically update when the app is launched), same goes for weather bug, and i always back out of apps so they don't keep running. and i don't have battery problems unless i spend the day playing games or web surfing. when i actually put the phone down and just use if for calls, texts, email and occasional web browsing, i get about 18 hr on a charge. good luck.

Jamie71

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
WOW, that is a long time for a adroid to be charged up, I ususally charge mine every night when I go to bed, but I do the same if I am not using an app i close it right away. :)

surfguy17

May 7, 2012
Visit site
i just got a samsung note. new to the android world. its unrooted was wondering if i was still able to download from different sites even though my phone is unrooted still.

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
yes, if you go into settings and check allow installations from non market sources. just be REALLY careful what you install and where you install from.