notebook question -factory setting

ligilbert

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I got a notebook M006 is the model and I couldn't get the internet to work right, so I messed with it and still couldn't get it working or should say i didn't know how to get it going right. So last night I figured I probably had it goofed up good and thought I would put it back on factory settings. So I did and now it is stuck on a page that says to calibrate, touch crosshair and when I do that the crosshair just moves from place to place and won't go away. When I restart, the desktop page is there for about one second. Not long enough to pull the lock up ato unlock it. Is there a way to get the calibration page to go away and get back into the desktop? I would appreciate any help on this.

ligilbert

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I got that part working, but am now having a connectivity problem. Is there something I have to do to activate a browser? Everytime I put in a web address, it says it's not connected, although our wifi is connected. I know that it is probably something simple, but I can't find it. When it says the page is not available, it also says it may be temporarily changed try later or view a Google cached page, and I don't know what that is. Is there a browser already in there? I tried to download chrome, but can't without having a connection. I just got this thing before we left for vacation and don't have book, but it wasn't very clear to me anyway. I'm posting this as a new question also. thanks for your help so far, it was a relief to at least know that I didn't erase everything and get to the home page again.

ligilbert

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for coming back. Do you mean I have to set up a network on the computer for the netbook? Or vice versa? I have the mifi info in the netbook and when I go to wifi settings, it says connected, but when I click browser, I get a message that the web page (google) is not available On the book, I have the mifi number, password and secure (wpa/wpa2 psk) I don't know what the configuration on the computer is. Should it be open instead of the wpa/wpa2 thing? Should I just go back to factory settings and start over? I can't seem to get where it says verizon secure out of there to try the open . I'm just totally stumped with this and I've tried to find the same problem on the forums, but don't find anything. thank you for your help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for coming back. Do you mean I have to set up a network on the computer for the netbook? Or vice versa?
You have to set the computer and the netbook up to use the mifi. Each one independently.

I have the mifi info in the netbook and when I go to wifi settings, it says connected
The mifi may be, but it sounds as if the netbook isn't connected to the mifi, or it's getting a limited connection.

I have the mifi number, password and secure (wpa/wpa2 psk) I don't know what the configuration on the computer is. Should it be open instead of the wpa/wpa2 thing? Should I just go back to factory settings and start over? I can't seem to get where it says verizon secure out of there to try the open . I'm just totally stumped with this and I've tried to find the same problem on the forums, but don't find anything.
If I were you I'd take the netbook and the mifi to a Verizon store and ask the tech department to get them set up - and write down the netbook settings for you (or show you what they're doing, slowly, so you can take notes) so you can do the same thing at home with the computer.

It shouldn't be this difficult, but Microsoft hasn't yet made internet connection plug and play. (Even my wife - who does tech support for a living - has to stop and think when she loses wifi connectivity. Is it the router, is it the laptop, is it the ISP ... It's not "clicking here will fix it every time".)