giglio102491

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys i formatted my sd card without thinking and there was a video on the phone i didnt want to delete. Does anyone know of a reliable and preferably free method for restoring the files. Im not sure if flash memory is the same but i know with hard drives the memory remains on the hard drive until new information is written over it.
Thanks

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what really happens on a format, and how much you have written to the card since.

Your best bet is to get it out of the phone, mount it in Linux, and make an image of the card with dd so that you have time to mess with it. Every minute it is in the phone decreases the chance of recovery.

giglio102491

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
yeah thats exactly what i did, the card hasnt been back in my phone/had anything written to it yet. is there any way i could go about doing that in mac?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
yeah thats exactly what i did, the card hasnt been back in my phone/had anything written to it yet. is there any way i could go about doing that in mac?

Don't know, I'm a Linux/Windows/BSD sort of guy, but all my mac friends tell me everything is really simple on a mac, "it just works".

Sorry I can't be more help.

broli

May 29, 2010
Visit site
it diosnt have nothing to do with the operative system.

the card is in fat32, so there is a huge chance the data is still there. you just need an app for the job. the problem is that almost all the fat recovery apps are for windows.

use some kind of virtual machine or double boot (dont know for sure, but bootcamps should work), install windows, google for "undelete fat32" or "recover deleted files fat32" and use some of the thousands out there.

and because its a VM, dont worry to much about spyware ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo