No Web Browser?

stevec5000

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I just got an Android phone and was shocked to find it has no Web Browser! Shouldn't Android have a version of Chrome at least or is everything supposed to be based on apps without any browsing? Chrome is not even listed in the app store, just something called Google Chrome 2 Phone. All the phone has on it is the T-Mobile Web2Go app so I downloaded Opera Mini which is not that great but better than nothing. It seems like the Android product still has a long way to go before it will be ready for prime time! Do you guys really not use a browser or am I missing something?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You're missing it ;) .....open your app drawer (one of the 3-4 buttons on the bottom of the phones screen) ....it's called "Browser" (icon is a globe)

You can also download other browsers from the Play Store.. like Opera.. or what I use, Dolphin Browser HD.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
What phone is it? Like Cyber Warrior said, look for the globe icon. On the Inspire, it is called Internet, but I'm sure others have different names. Also, be sure the phone is brand new. I've heard some people get a phone that they think is new and it turns out that someone used it and returned it.

stevec5000

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
The phone is a Samsung Exhibit II on T-Mo that I just got at Walmart. It does have the Globe icon labeled Web but like I said, that's just the T-Mobile web2go. There's no "REAL" browser on the phone. I found a beta version of Google Chrome on the app store but it's just for Android 4 and since the phones are still using Gingerbread 2.3.5 it won't work. This is all backwards from the PC where everything is browser based now. I don't see how they could even have released Android without a proper browser? Doesn't everyone who has used a Mac or PC have problems with that?

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
That must be something that T-Mobile does to thier phones. I've never heard of an Android phone without a browser. I'm not familiar with Web2go, but from what I found on Google, it has full browsing capabilites. I don't know if this is your first smartphone, but you shouldn't expect the web browser to be like a PC or Mac. Most sites will give you a mobile view that looks much different than the standard view.

The Play store has many browsers to choose from, Dolphin, Opera, Maxthon. Chrome is only for ICS. So grab one of those if the Web2go app isn't doing what you need.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty