momoak

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
hello, well iv been reading a bit on how to boot and flash my Mytouch 4g and the more i read about this the more i get confused, so i need some expert help and direct help.
first off i am trying to boot ANY kind of ROM besides the one that comes in the mytouch 4g from T.MO. what are the first steps i need to take? i did do android upgrade to 2.3 and i understand i MUST downgrade? please some one help me i am so confused all i want is a better rom than the one that comes with the phone :(

thanks a bunch!

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The way I learned to root was YouTube. It was very easy. I watched a few different videos. Great step by step. I got a little confused trying to read how to do it. Seeing something is a little easier.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You don't need to downgrade to upgrade. You need to read the upgrade instructions carefully, then follow them to the letter. Each ROM is different, so there's no generic "this is how to flash a phone" instruction set.

The easiest upgrade is an OTA upgrade - that's when the carrier upgrades your phone over the air (which is what OTA means). But if you want a Cyanogen ROM, or some other 3rd party ROM, it's one step at a time, until you get a little experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer