Refurb service for old devices?

Scarab

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have an old Original Droid, the power comes on but it does weird things. Factory reset, new battery and other things suggested to troubleshoot haven't worked..

Are there services or companies where I can send it for repair or replacement for another used/refurbed Droid of the same model? Did some preliminary searches but can't seem to find anything. I suppose I could simply buy a used one on eBay, but I'd rather try to deal with a legit company than take the chance, unless that's my only option. I'm interested if anyone else has gone this route.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, thoughts or guidance.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is the device activated? Do you have insurance on the device? I'd assume you don't and suggest purchasing a used phone off ebay or craigslists since the costs to possible repair the device is likely the same or more than a used one.

From Ebay, the original Droid starts at $86(ish) for a new device and can be purchased for as low as $35 for used (depending on condition): Motorola Droid a855 | eBay

Here is a list of other Verizon Droid devices that might be worth looking at if you are going to replace the original Droid: verizon droid | eBay