problem connecting tablet to router

papadjembe

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
can't connect my asus tf300t tablet to my zyxel d5001z modem/router combo. all other laptops in the house are connected & working fine. tablet connects to my verizon mifi device fine. anyone know why i can't connect to the router?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it that your tablet sees the router but can't connect, or does it not even see the router (i.e., does the router name not even show up in your list under Settings/Wireless & Networks/Wifi when your tablet's wifi is on)?

First thing to try is to reboot your router--unplug it, wait for 10 seconds, then plug it back in again.

papadjembe

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
It sees the router and allows me to enter the password then tries to connect, but doesn't. Then it shows the status for the router as "saved, secured with wpa/wpa2". Already rebooted the router and the tablet including a hard reset on the router.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Try entering the password on the back of the modem if you have a modem that acts like a router. Verizon fios modems don't require u to have a wireless router so if you have one of those, just enter the password from that and not the wireless router. Disable all connections on the tablet, wait a few seconds and then enable them again. As this will refresh the connections and possibly you'll have better luck. Only thing I can think of. Make sure you're not messing up the password too. I know it sounds dumb but we all make a lil mistake sometimes. Good luck buddy

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

altzrajz

May 27, 2013
Visit site
hi, i have the same issue to connect my android tablet with my wifi router. can you please help?
my tab connected at the beginning but suddenly its not working. :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Tell us what you've tried so far. Have you rebooted your router, tablet, or both yet?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums