What instant messaging service do android users use?

snaqvi91

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
So blackberry has BBM, iPhone has iMessage, what service do android users have that is based on your phone number or something?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So blackberry has BBM, iPhone has iMessage, what service do android users have that is based on your phone number or something?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
Its called "Talk" set up by a gmail account. you can IM and video chat

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You can use Google Talk.

You can also use Google+ Messenger if you and your contacts are Google+ users.

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Erm Google Talk..

The key difference is that it not only does voice video and text chat, it's also open, so you don't need android to use it. PC and Mac and Linux are all free to use it too.

There is an iphone app too.

You also of course he Google Hangouts too many person video chat.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't use proprietary messengers like those already listed. I already have my contacts I chat with in YIM and Skype when needed, so I have no need to have another, redundant, program.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't use proprietary messengers like those already listed. I already have my contacts I chat with in YIM and Skype when needed, so I have no need to have another, redundant, program.

..aren't YIM and Skype also proprietary messengers?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Isaac Igbokwe

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Chat on is a fantastic messaging device that allows you to call and messaging around the world. Out isn't that popular but it is already pre-installed you can get it on Androids, it Is way more known than talk. Chat on is fantastic and you can be more creative with it than kik, whatsapp or blink and you will enoy it.

:D

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Google hangouts and groupme.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.