SSL for secure webpages

CheddarBo

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I did some searching on the forum and couldn't find anyone with this exact question. So, maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

My work is setting up a secure webpage and we are expected to be able to access it 24/7 to log alerts received when there are server errors at work. To access this secure webpage we were given two certificates, one for windows (home use) and one for mobile ( a .p12 file which I've read is compatible). I cannot access the webpage via Android browser or chrome browser (or any other 3rd party browser). I've imported the certificate using the import feature in Settings->Security and it showed a brief notification that the import was successful. However, the certificate isn't listed in the "User" section of the trusted credentials list. Now, I would suspect that the certificate wasn't made correctly, but the same exact one works on a co-workers iPhone (pains me to say that). I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, rooted, but otherwise stock.

Can anyone tell my why this isn't working? Is it a limitation of Android or a setup problem?

Thanks

CheddarBo

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
try a reboot to make the certificate take effect.

did you check the system tab to see if the certificate was there???

Rebooted to no avail. As mentioned in my original post the security/credentials area displays crt's but not p12's, I think this is a bug in android, or who knows maybe was done by design? I've read a few articles on StackOverFlow about that happening and it's "normal" behavior. I've tried a few more 3rd party browsers, none with any success. It seems like browsers in Android 4.x don't have access to the certificate/key store ?