Nexus 7 vs Kindle Fire /HD

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to get my 3, 5 and 6 year old their own tablets. Opinions on which one to get them. I was leaning towards the Kindle Fire HD because of the kid free time option. What would you suggest and why.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I would never recommend a Kindle Fire. its just walled and there is not a lot you can do.

with Nexus 7 you have multiuser and can restrict secondary user.

kids place is an app which restrict your kids to do only kids stuff. it even blocks app installs

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.kiddoware.kidsplace&token=FyP6r9JH

Custom home screen displays only apps that parents have authorized
★ Can prevent children from buying or downloading new apps
★ Capable of blocking incoming calls when Kids Place is running
★ Capable of disabling all wireless signals while Kids Place is running to avoid exposure to cell phone, wifi and Bluetooth radiation
★ Can restarts apps accidentally stopped by small children, allowing parents to stay focused on their own tasks.
★ Add custom wallpaper to customize your child?s experience while in Kids Place
★ Timer feature to lock Kids Place after specified amount of time.
★ Appropriate for children of all ages - babies, toddlers, even teenagers

In this child friendly Parental Control app, Home; Back; Search and Call buttons are locked so that kid cannot get out of the Kids Place or make phone calls.

a search in the market https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...arch?q=Parental+Control&c=apps&token=aaZ6Hral

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
My choice would be based on child content delivery. I basically want to hand the devices to my kids and not have to do anything with it once set up. The device is not for me as I have no use for a tablet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana