unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stoped.` how to fix it?

cryofy

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
If you use an app called "Facebook Contact Sync", or some other 3rd party contact syncing software by any chance: Some of those apps mess around with the contacts you have on your phone, have seen this happen on a Galaxy S3 before. For instance an unreadable birthday is synced and this makes the com.android.phone software crash...

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Seems like phone service (software not carrier service) going down and you would need to check lolcat to see what causeing it. If you desperate then do factory reset

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i've seen this issue pop up a few times and simply powering off the phone for about 2 minutes was all it needed. sometimes the system just seems to come down with a case of hiccups. if the problem persists then you probably have a misbehaving app and a factory reset would be in order.

Kattey Spares

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stoped.` how to fix it?

I've made a thread about this before, but didn't get much help D:
It already has the most recent update, and I just updated the firmware on kies. I've also factory reset it 2 or 3 times, and still no luck!! Whenever I hit the home button, my phone reboots. Please help me! I've never had this problem until that software update.

@ Nibal, Cryofy, Baby D Harish

This thread is old but many visitor replying this thread and visiting this page

We did not know much about what device you are using & which android version you have? and also what version you are upgrading?

Please note that some device like Nexus 4 & others has a problem with android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) and only can run with 4.2 (originally come with 4.2). If you want to upgrade to 4.3 than you have to root the device & force the new APN setting to device (if you are getting the error while connecting to internet or so). See the thread started at Google Code for this issue and may be Google team will resolve this issue in their next release (Android 4.4 - Kitkat)

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=59820&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20Stars&start=100

This problem can also be a sync problem with one of the Google service (Example : Calender, Contacts or Email) for this problem you have 2 solutions before factory resetting the device for the detailed procedure you can see the below tutorial

[Solved] Process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly fix

Above link can also be provide the details if you are facing this problem while receiving the calls.

AGUX

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
@ Nibal, Cryofy, Baby D Harish

[Solved] Process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly fix

Above link can also be provide the details if you are facing this problem while receiving the calls.

This does not solve my problem - I still have message about "...com.android.phone has stopped..." when my phone is in car dock IN LANDSCAPE mode. In vertical mode everything works fine. Maybe this is dialer problem? Can i replace original android dialer? (not just install dialers app, becouse its don't work, i tryed...)

btw, my phone: Samsung GALAXY S2 PLUS, with 4.2.2

Last edited:

Billy Bobb2

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
my carrier identity wouldn't even show on the main screen , but could if I swiped down to reveal the hidden backscreen showing wifi,gps carrier etc. first, i did a factory reset, then loaded up all my old apps(that took several hours on 4g) and still the same, nobody can hear me and I can't hear them calling problem /phone freeze/black screen etc. after doing all the research of why this would happen, I went to the google play store to find out which of the 89 apps I've installed had " phone and sms" permissions. I deleated the phone apps that had "phone permissions" except for the kitkat 4.4.2 built in "lookout" app that has phone permissions for your security reasons. calling got better but there was still instances where I couldn't complete the call. I then took out my sim card and cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide, while being careful to use a clean cloth and to let the sim card dry before reinserting it while being very sure that the sim was inserted fully and evenly, which is hard to visualize because the housing slot for the sim is not square. I found my yoda and made the sim seat at 90 degree/and inserted battery. calling got 97% better! but still a wait glitch. I now need to go back thru my apps that have sms permissions and decide which ones I want to keep. I downloaded 89 apps but only use 12. who would of figured?

Last edited:

Billy Bobb2

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
see all that I tried in the below answers and questions from billy bobb 2, and do what I did to my phone regarding researching downloaded apps and their phone permissions and deleating them . restart phone and then go to settings, then click more, then click application manager, then swipe to the left until at the all apps list. scroll down to the phone icon and tap to open. when there it gives the options among another of clear data and clear cache. 1st clear cache, then clear data while disregarding the warning to proceed. clear data and go to main screen and restart the phone. viola it will work again. as I said earlier that I removed all apps that had phone permissions and was still having problems and then I cleared cache then data. after the restart my data on the phone app is at 116kb. before restart data was at 112kb. it seems to me that those apps steal code thus that apps data package. I made 40 calls today and not one glitch!!!!!!! contacts, phone logs, calendar etc. all still there!!!!! so why the clear data warning? who cares. just do it. enjoy!

Last edited:

Sangati Chinna

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
So, how do u fix the problem?

Please repair my android mobile

If you use an app called "Facebook Contact Sync", or some other 3rd party contact syncing software by any chance: Some of those apps mess around with the contacts you have on your phone, have seen this happen on a Galaxy S3 before. For instance an unreadable birthday is synced and this makes the com.android.phone software crash...

Last edited by a moderator:

Haitch_Kay

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
My phone (LG Optimus Quest) is doing the same exact thing. I've done two factory resets so far and even after the reset it's STILL giving me the "application Dialer (process com.android.phone) has stopped unexpectedly" error along with a similar one with "messenger" instead of "dialer". If someone could please provide some help it would really be appreciated. I don't want to have to buy a new phone!