Im eligible for a phone upgrade/w 2 yr. Agreement

rleflore

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
renewing a 2yr contract with sprint what phone would u reccommend or should i wait n save for the new releases coming up in this month or april and just go phoneless n patient

Voliam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I would wait until the One and the SIV are released. Both are getting all the love right now. Do your research on them now and try to make a decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I would wait until the One and the SIV are released. Both are getting all the love right now. Do your research on them now and try to make a decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Agreed

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
renewing a 2yr contract with sprint what phone would u reccommend or should i wait n save for the new releases coming up in this month or april and just go phoneless n patient
Definitely wait. The HTC One should be coming soon, and Samsung is announcing the Galaxy S4 on Thursday. If neither the One or the S4 interests you, the other phones on sprint will definitely be cheaper.

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I'd definitely wait for the Samsung announcement at least, then decide.

Based on the sg4 rumors, HTC one, and xperia z, I'd wait and buy next gen if I were in your position, just a question of which. If you want next gen but can't wait, the xperia is already out is it not?

I was in a similar situation a few months back, but opted not to wait. Next gen devices were too far away at the time, especially in Canada. Hurts me to see all these new devices come out, but I think I made the right call.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

natya

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd be leery of any deal tied to a 2-year contract, especially with Sprint. Sprint is hurting -- AT&T and Verizon have a commanding lead on them. In two years, who knows what shape they'll be in or whether their service will be usable?

In my opinion, the whole business of 2-year contracts is consumer-hostile and should be resisted. These contracts are how wireless companies prevent people from insisting on decent prices and service. :/ I limit the damage by having a single wifi tether (Verizon's Jetpack) with a dataplan, and then getting devices that connect to it via wifi. That way I have mobile devices wherever the wireless company has at least 2G, and the company doesn't get to demand a new contract with each device or charge insane "full retail" prices for the devices.

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I'd be leery of any deal tied to a 2-year contract, especially with Sprint. Sprint is hurting -- AT&T and Verizon have a commanding lead on them. In two years, who knows what shape they'll be in or whether their service will be usable?

In my opinion, the whole business of 2-year contracts is consumer-hostile and should be resisted. These contracts are how wireless companies prevent people from insisting on decent prices and service. :/ I limit the damage by having a single wifi tether (Verizon's Jetpack) with a dataplan, and then getting devices that connect to it via wifi. That way I have mobile devices wherever the wireless company has at least 2G, and the company doesn't get to demand a new contract with each device or charge insane "full retail" prices for the devices.

I would kill for 2-year contracts in Canada, quit yer bellyachin, eh.

Just kidding :(

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

What about the Nexus 4? its 299 unlocked!
I dont know for sure(don't kill me guys I don't live in the U.S) but Straight Talk gives you unlimited calling,texting and data although Tmobile is better due to HSDPA+ 42 compared to HSDPA+23 on Straight talk since they piggyback of AT&T towers.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Lol I wasn't joking about wanting 2 year contracts. Much better than the Canadian standard of 3 years...

Oh I thought you had no contracts like my country, we choose to leave when we feel we have had enough of the plan and can choose to get into a two year agreement, but that is only if there is a good deal.

EDIT: also carriers are not allowed to install their bloatware on our phones either best country ever!

DOUBLE EDIT: I pay $19 NZD or $16.20CAD for 50 mins,512MB and 5000 texts(I use the data for what ever I want e.g. tethering)

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh I thought you had no contracts like my country, we choose to leave when we feel we have had enough of the plan and can choose to get into a two year agreement, but that is only if there is a good deal.

EDIT: also carriers are not allowed to install their bloatware on our phones either best country ever!

DOUBLE EDIT: I pay $19 NZD or $16.20CAD for 50 mins,512MB and 5000 texts(I use the data for what ever I want e.g. tethering)

No need to rub it in lol. To get subsidized phones we have to go 3 year contract, pretty much min plan of $50/mo + fees + taxes.

natya

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Lol I wasn't joking about wanting 2 year contracts. Much better than the Canadian standard of 3 years...

I can't argue with that; it's true in much the same way that a bad cold is preferable to a bad case of the flu or pneumonia. :/ My condolences. Can you escape the contracts by simply paying for the device? (Then I'd think that my strategy of owning a WiFI hotspot device and using WiFi connections to it would work in Canada too.)

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I can't argue with that; it's true in much the same way that a bad cold is preferable to a bad case of the flu or pneumonia. :/ My condolences. Can you escape the contracts by simply paying for the device? (Then I'd think that my strategy of owning a WiFI hotspot device and using WiFi connections to it would work in Canada too.)
Canadian plans and American plans don't sound very fun no offence! Why do you let the carriers get away with this? look at my post above and look at how cheap it all is and that's the biggest telco the smaller ones are even cheaper!

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

They have a formula for buyouts. Needless to say it costs a fortune.

Found this formula for one of the big providers:

DSRF (device savings recovery fee) = Economic Inducement ? [Economic Inducement x (# months elapsed in your Service Agreement Term ? Total # months in your Service Agreement Term)] + applicable taxes

Edit: we should get back on topic, the thread kinda got hijacked.

Woodsy

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
You also aren't getting very much data or minutes and if you're a text fiend (like me) you'd run out of all that quickly. You must use wifi a lot.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty