Pics/videos getting lost

droidpoopy

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello, i recently used the USB to charge my phone on the laptop.Next time i went to look in my gallery most of my pics and videos are gone. i also can't find a folder on my computer that contains them. are they gone forever or is there a way to retrieve them?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that you couldn't find the gallery while the phone was connected via USB, or after you disconnected? When you connect your phone to your computer, the internal storage might be temporarily unavailable to access on the phone itself. You should be able to access it from your laptop, though. The default directory that the Camera saves to is \DCIM\Camera.

droidpoopy

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I can' find that directory on my computer and the pictures are gone after its off the USB. not all the pics are gone, just a large chunk and idk why only some are.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First, try rebooting the phone and checking again the gallery again.

When you disconnected your phone from the computer, did you use the option to Safely Remove Device (assuming your on Windows)? If you didn't and just unplugged it, there's a possibility of data loss if the system was in the process of moving data.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

droidpoopy

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
ok i figured it out. i'm not really sure why it happened because im not that technologically advanced but i used downloaded astro file manager. the pics and videos i couldn't find were moved to a seperate part of the phone and i found the folder and moved them to my main gallery album. you telling me to look for \DCIM\Camera. made me remember that app and it was easy to find from there. thanks for the tips!