Samsung s3 died and currupted/killed micro sd card please help

Christopher Inch

May 3, 2013
Visit site
my samsung s3 died a week ago not long after the sd card was registering as corrupt / needs formatting.
me being the complete opposite of tech savvy removed it and reinserted it. too many times.
since the phone has been replaced it doesn't register at all.
computer cannot read it, tried recovery apps but there isn't a driver to open to recover files.
tried removing and reinserting it hundreds of times and nothing happens.
when i am in the device manager with the usb drop tag open and insert it a new link opens up but disappears.
does anyone have any insight into what i can do?
youtube was no help and google came up short too.
i'm quickly running out of options...:'(

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Do you have a way to read the card directly on the PC, rather than through the phone? In other words, a micro-SD to SD adapter, and an SD card reader for the PC? With that, you could try to use PC-based file recovery software.

The only other option would be to send it to a data recovery service, but that can get real expensive, and there's no guarantee of success.

Backup, backup, backup! Since the dawn of the computer age, it seems everyone needs to learn this the hard way. (I"m not being critical--I had to learn it the hard way, too.)

Christopher Inch

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have the adapter. Still didnt register on the computer. I normally do back everything up but hadn't for the last week.
Do you know of any other ways I can attempt to access the files?

Voliam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If the card doesn't show up on your computer, it's toast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

nirmaljha

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'hd the same problem too.

I had a same problem too. The difference is all of sudden my sd card stopped working.Now any computer or laptop or phones are not detecting it.Can Samsung tell us what is this sd card problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member