Help with recovering data (partially covered data but need older files)

jayuk87

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

So i have a samsung galaxy y. I used Wondershare Dr. Fone for Android to recover some deleted text messages (i need the number that i texted) it was pretty good for recovering data like numbers, texts ect. but it only recovered the data from the last 3 months and i need the text messages from 6 months ago. Is there anything I can do?

Any help would be appreicated, thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

So i have a samsung galaxy y. I used Wondershare Dr. Fone for Android to recover some deleted text messages (i need the number that i texted) it was pretty good for recovering data like numbers, texts ect. but it only recovered the data from the last 3 months and i need the text messages from 6 months ago. Is there anything I can do?

Any help would be appreicated, thanks.

There's nothing I can think of to solve this problem. Actually, I'm surprised you were able to recover text from 3-months ago.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Recovery tools use fact that most filesystems deletes just allocation data (data where the file is in storage) instead of deleting the whole file, as file is not allocated anymore (formally it does not exist) disk can use space that that file taken and overwrite old file.

If your tool can't recover files you searching it probably means they been complitly overwriten already and can't be recovered, and considering you recovered files from 3 months of use check if those files are partly damaged as just part of might be been overwritten (thru text files are easy to recover from such state... atleast you got part of your work safed :p). The longer you wait to recover the chances for recover of clean file is lower

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney